Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave....My cousin was John Moores chauffeur for many years,and always said he was a good boss. Moores did not suffer fools or scroungers, and this set him at odds with a large part of his family,who he thought were exactly that. Having strong views about religion in its various forms does not make anyone a bad person. My cousin,incidentally, was a Roman Catholic.
Coming from Formby,years ago I would often see Sir John getting driven in behind me on the way to Goodison,a Ford Scorpio,JM1 reg he had Steve!!

And so we step yet another move closer. A few weeks ago people would have laughed at the thought Usmanov would come here, and yet here we are a few days after selling his Arsenal shares and we are reading talk of an interest.

Talk of an interest despite the idiots in the media saying he was not interested, preferred a foreign club, that he wouldn't invest in us. It just shows how much they are scared of a resurgent Everton. And they should be.

I am sure that over the coming months we will finally see Usmanov at our club along with his huge financial backing. This is a great time to be a blue, it really is. We can finally stand toe to toe with city and Chelsea and compete with them for the best players out there.

1)Doubt the council will loan money to someone who has the amount of money usmanov has, he just received 550m.

2)When they do sell the club the new owners aren't going to be happy to be paying the council 7m a year.

3) to sell the club for a good price there going to have to get us into the top 4. Your looking at 500m for a stadium and a further 500m to bring in world class players. Spending 1bn and then selling the club for more then that.

I can't see it

The council will loan to us because it makes perfect financial sense to do so. They are acting as a broker which is good work if you can get it. The club may go for a better deal if one comes in (likely a more flexible deal).

I am not sure they are massively interested in selling the club. It will grow value and act as a perfect Trojan horse to grow value on investments and land in and around the area. They will be smack bang in the middle of a huge growth area. They will not need top 4 to sell the club at all and I doubt we are 500 million off competing for the top 4. We could feasibly challenge for it this season.

If they wish to sell, new owners will be happy with a sustainable long term loan at preferential rates if it can be achieved. I suspect the 6-7 million figure will come down and but I do think they will want greater flexibility on repayments.

No, but discrimination on the basis of denomination is not a trait best cultivated

I understand all of these replies re discrimination, but in the case of JM it has long been asserted that Barbara Cleggs book was a hatchet job fuelled by her dislike of her uncle. And to put a football slant on the thread, again,and avoiding Daves attempt to deflect by creating a sub plot about JMs personality, the fact is that Everton football club thrived under the stewardship of John Moores, and for that, blues will forever be thankful. Hopefully our new messiah from the east will bring years of success with him.

The council will loan to us because it makes perfect financial sense to do so. They are acting as a broker which is good work if you can get it. The club may go for a better deal if one comes in (likely a more flexible deal).

I am not sure they are massively interested in selling the club. It will grow value and act as a perfect Trojan horse to grow value on investments and land in and around the area. They will be smack bang in the middle of a huge growth area. They will not need top 4 to sell the club at all and I doubt we are 500 million off competing for the top 4. We could feasibly challenge for it this season.

If they wish to sell, new owners will be happy with a sustainable long term loan at preferential rates if it can be achieved. I suspect the 6-7 million figure will come down and but I do think they will want greater flexibility on repayments.

Whats 7m a year to a club that earns 180m a year in revenues that are only going to increase?

Its chicken feed, thats what.

My thoughts he will buy a Spanish team and use it as a feeder club for everton, or financially support moshri. Building the stadium then develop surroundin areas. Didn't take long for arsenal to recoup the money on the emirates

Status
Not open for further replies.