Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
@windymiller @bluestevon trust me, lads, Joyce, Hunter and Bascombe are as reliable as ever.

I haven't read the Joyce piece yet in full, so if anyone with a Times sub can help me out that'd be sound. But as far as I've seen (excerpts) it's just a bit of a feature - so it's his own personal opinion in there as well.
Yeah I read it with no context as it was cut and paste but as far as I could see it's basically just a season preview in which he's saying we've got our work cut out. Difficult to argue with that really, but people have taken issue with that and the one from the Guardian as they aren't gushing in their praise.

I think some people are putting 2 and 2 together to get 5 with regard to the ITKs. The Bernard story seems to have broken from the West Ham end, so it seems that they've been told Bernard won't be going there because he's coming here, and have passed that on to one of their trusted reporters rather than us leaking it at our end. I don't think it suggests any change in our MO.

John McGinn looks to be possibly leaving Hibs for Celtic or Villa. Maybe we should put in a cheeky bid ourselves? We need another CM
I went down to Edinburgh on Sunday to watch the hibs game ( our work has a sponsor with them so we had the full hospitality etc ) but that mcginn looks like a good little player, reminds me of Barry, not very mobile but very very good on the ball, stuck out like a sore thumb in that game for his quality

I went down to Edinburgh on Sunday to watch the hibs game ( our work has a sponsor with them so we had the full hospitality etc ) but that mcginn looks like a good little player, reminds me of Barry, not very mobile but very very good on the ball, stuck out like a sore thumb in that game for his quality
Steven Naismith looked different class last weekend in that league too..

Just saying like.

It was Vs Motherwell - I’d stick out in that game (I’m kind of joking, My Dads a Well fan & I want them to succeed)

Steven Naismith looked different class last weekend in that league too..

Just saying like.

definitely agree like, but for every steven Naismith there is a van dijk, wanyama etc

for 3mill that's been quoted and at his age It wouldn't be bad business, he's deffo a talent

Yeah I read it with no context as it was cut and paste but as far as I could see it's basically just a season preview in which he's saying we've got our work cut out. Difficult to argue with that really, but people have taken issue with that and the one from the Guardian as they aren't gushing in their praise.

I think some people are putting 2 and 2 together to get 5 with regard to the ITKs. The Bernard story seems to have broken from the West Ham end, so it seems that they've been told Bernard won't be going there because he's coming here, and have passed that on to one of their trusted reporters rather than us leaking it at our end. I don't think it suggests any change in our MO.

Yeh, at the end of the day, Bascombe, Joyce and Hunter are far more than just transfer-rumour bots like that guy at Sky. They're working feature journalists and their role is to provide informed pieces with some insight into the club to support that. When the club have news to announce, they will of course use these journalists as well. It looks like the Echo - Kirkbride - has been given a bit of a lift in this regards as well.

You lost me at "not very mobile".

Status
Not open for further replies.