Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see Lascelles happening for three reasons...
1. Ashley would want a massive fee, £50m plus... and would have no time to re-invest it in replacements
2. The fans up there would go nuts if he sold arguably their best player right before the deadline
3. Benitez would likely quit in disgust leaving them minus their best player and with no manager

Even Mike Ashley isn't that daft... is he ?
Yes. I think the only thing that would be a stumbling block would be fee. Ashley would want top dollar but everything else he could give a monkeys about.

The fact he's played for Barcelona has no impact on me. To me he's just a vague name from the WC and not good enough for the team that holds his contract.

I'd prefer to sign players we know can hack it in this PL and who aren't mercenaries.

I'd hazard a guess you hadn't heard of him until the world cup, much like myself. Barca don't generally sign diddy players, they have probably the most extensive scouting systems in the world. The key is apparently we wanted him pre world cup so his performances there are irrelevant, except when it comes to price, as I said I'm happy to trust Silva and brands on this one. Lascelles screams Michael Keane. At least mina has that world cup performance behind him whilst lascelles hasn't even a cap, whilst Keane has 4 from playing at a similar team.

On the integrity/loyalty point you previously made, he was reported for talking to us, we got fined for it, whilst under contract at forest so I dunno if he is any different to Jerry in that respect either.

I'd hazard a guess you hadn't heard of him until the world cup, much like myself. Barca don't generally sign diddy players, they have probably the most extensive scouting systems in the world. The key is apparently we wanted him pre world cup so his performances there are irrelevant, except when it comes to price, as I said I'm happy to trust Silva and brands on this one. Lascelles screams Michael Keane. At least mina has that world cup performance behind him whilst lascelles hasn't even a cap, whilst Keane has 4 from playing at a similar team.

On the integrity/loyalty point you previously made, he was reported for talking to us, we got fined for it, whilst under contract at forest so I dunno if he is any different to Jerry in that respect either.
Fair enough.

Not to be a party pooper, but Mina and Bernard arent top players.

I mean dont get me wrong, im not saying they arent very good players, but I dont personally consider either Tier 1 players.

Just sayin.

They are of course not world class, but take the Witsel situation a few years back - I think with this team you could have sold that to him instead of him thinking 'well as a last resort there is always Everton...'

Then if we are on that level one decent upgrade here and there the process moves much more smoothly.

Not to be a party pooper, but Mina and Bernard arent top players.

I mean dont get me wrong, im not saying they arent very good players, but I dont personally consider either Tier 1 players.

Just sayin.

* looks at squad *

Yeah they're better than the garbage we have and the best that's we'd be able to attract.

They are of course not world class, but take the Witsel situation a few years back - I think with this team you could have sold that to him instead of him thinking 'well as a last resort there is always Everton...'

Then if we are on that level one decent upgrade here and there the process moves much more smoothly.

Nar he probably would have still gone China for 500k a week.

Anyway, forget I said it!!

Didnt mean to be a negative nancy.

Seems to me like Alderweirald is nailed on for Utd, as soon as Spurs get real about his valuation. Mina is a back up for them, and we probably have a deal for Rojo agreed as a contingency if Utd have to go for Mina (which seems unlikely).

If this comes off then I think we will have finally achieved traction in making top players sit up and take note. If our forwards can gel then you can see more players wanting in and suddenly everything starts becoming easier.

2 new CB's in, Sandro and Bolasie leave and Usmanov sells his Arsenal shares on Thursday to buy into Everton and I'm not ashamed to say this will be me:

View attachment 48590

:p
you look very happily 'spent' there mate

Status
Not open for further replies.