Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was initially thinking "Cannonball?...was that a James Bond movie?"...but of course I was getting things mixed up with 'Thunderball'. Tom Jones sang that movie's theme song (which I note Rolling Stone ranked #10 in their 'best James Bond theme tunes" list.
By the by, another Welsh singer (Shirley Bassey) appears twice in that list.

It's a bit quiet on the transfer front, isn't it?
Tom Jones and Shirley Bassey signed at Number 10, have we learned nothing

..to be fair, it doesn’t sound like the player is holding out for United. I dare say he prefers that move, but it appears United have not even approached Barcelona. From what Mina’s uncle says, Everton and Lyon have both bid €30m and he’s urging Barcelona to reach agreement with either.

United could, of course, come in and trump everybody. Sounds like Uncle Mina is trying to force the issue.
I guess if we don’t buy him by next Thursday there is nothing to stop Lyon reducing their bid as there wouldn’t be any competition? Surely Barca would want to avoid that scenario? 30mill is top dollar and he won’t have another shop window like the World Cup to inflate his price for a good few years.

I guess if we don’t buy him by next Thursday there is nothing to stop Lyon reducing their bid as there wouldn’t be any competition? Surely Barca would want to avoid that scenario? 30mill is top dollar and he won’t have another shop window like the World Cup to inflate his price for a good few years.

..that’s a very good point. Lyon could well be the only candidates, so it’s in Barcelona’s interest to get things done.

I think hes awful to be honest, hes on a 160k a year at Utd as well, thats up there with Cuco Martina earning a three contract at Everton for bizarre thing in football.

Would much prefer someone like Ben Gibson.
That's fine mate. All about opinions.

Assume you mean £160k pw. That's outrageous if correct. Surely a non starter then.

do you get the feeling that this Mina fella is not that keen on Everton?...because I do

..I can only take what the agent says, and that is they’ve agreed personal terms with 3 clubs and he wants Barcelona to sort a deal out. I expect the players preference is United, but he said they haven’t even approached Barcelona.

Perhaps the first team to seal the deal will get the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.