Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate. very very few strikers score 20 goals plus in a premier season. Think Rooney only managed it twice in about 15 attempts. Lukaku has only done it once in 6 attempts. The ones that have managed it in the last 10 years have all been top draw strikers. Rooney had a lot of penalties in that tally last season and, at the end of the day, still only ended up with 10.

If Tosun can get north of 15 goals next season I think that would be a great return. Last season 15 goals would put him 7th, on a par with Firmino and behind Salah, Kane, Aguero, Vardey, Sterling and Lukaku. With the exception of Vardey, all of those players would probably cost £100m in the current market. To expect more from a £20/30m striker like Tosun is unfair.

We sometimes talk about 20 goal strikers like they were sweets.

spot on this

That needs sorting Eggs. No reason why we can't be in negotiations whilst he's out on loan. Think he'd be happy being back up to Digne from next season. I think Dowell is a bit different in that he's already said that he wouldn't sign a new contract unless he was in the first team squad. Plus his agent is the snake Paul Martin.

..I dare say much will depend on whether young Robinson is in demand. If other clubs are sniffing around he might prefer to drop down a level for regular first team football and a nice signing fee. I suspect we might still get a tribunal fee because he came through the ranks, although i’m not exactly sure how that works.

What´s the point? The moment one of our graduates turns out to be genuine top quality they´ll get bought by one of the Manchester clubs.
And make us money to reinvest in players and the academy.

Don't understand your post at all mate. It's where we are in the food chain.

..I dare say much will depend on whether young Robinson is in demand. If other clubs are sniffing around he might prefer to drop down a level for regular first team football and a nice signing fee. I suspect we might still get a tribunal fee because he came through the ranks, although i’m not exactly sure how that works.
We just need to make sure an offer to renew the contract has been made to the player before the previous contract expires.

The more I think about this, the more I’m struggling to accept that @Eggs is going to leave us in the lurch at this critical phase.
Very selfish behaviour this Eggsy; holidays aren’t all they’re cracked up to be, your updates will be hard to beat, disgusting that you’ve broken this news to us on a fry-day, don’t eggnore me as I’ll miss your hencyclopedic transfer knowledge....

My brain is scrambled trying to read that...still, I'll try and soldier on, I won't chicken out.
That's all yolks...

My take on Rojo.

I think he's a decent defender, better than what we have, and it would be good to have a left footer who could also cover LB if needed. He'd also be decent if we played a higher line. But we also need some more height in the team as we look seriously exposed at set pieces, and have done for some time. We can employ a very tall CM for this, but the obvious choice would be to buy a tall CB. I appreciate Rojo is not exactly small but I don't think he's big enough to solve this ongoing problem we've had. He does look a winner though, and a bit of a snide, and we definitely need this harder streak in our team.

So all in all, if we can get him at the right price (wouldn't want to pay much north of £15m) and he is brought in alongside another taller CB, I'm all for it.

However, if we ended up paying United £30m for him, and they then used that £30m to buy Mina, who the world and his wife knows was our original first choice, I think I'd curl up into a ball and hibernate for the season. Just NO Everton. NO.

I think hes awful to be honest, hes on a 160k a year at Utd as well, thats up there with Cuco Martina earning a three contract at Everton for bizarre thing in football.

Would much prefer someone like Ben Gibson.

Status
Not open for further replies.