Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
This completely. 15 goals is a good return, especially in what will be his first full season. He has shown he can finish and is good enough for getting us to top 6 for now imo. Especially with good flair players around him.

20 goals in all comps would be excellent, like Yakubu managed. But happy to use dcl/Niasse in cups until the serious stages

we would definitely take a 1 goal in 2 games striker

..Mina’s agent saying he has agreed personal terms with Lyon, Everton and Manchester Unite but only Everton and Lyon have put in firm €30m bids for the player.

Barcelona apparently want €40m and Mina is pressing them to sort things out with bidding clubs. If it’s not sorted today, Yerry Mina will fly back to Barcelona for pre-season training.

Seems like the ball is in Barcelona’s court.
Probably because he's United's third choice. They're not going to bid until they've given up on their first 2, which could well be deadline day. Player holding out for Man Utd I would imagine, and playing a dangerous game if they don't come.

Barca will most likely drop their asking price. Let's hope they do it before our deadline day not Europe's.

..cheers, Matey. Yes, just reading that in the Echo. 3 years is a great contract for the youngster, I presume he particularly asked for that. Interesting what happens to Dowell now.

If we don't sign any creative midfielders I think Dowell well get opportunities with us this season. Hopefully new deal confirmed soon

..Mina’s agent saying he has agreed personal terms with Lyon, Everton and Manchester Unite but only Everton and Lyon have put in firm €30m bids for the player.

Barcelona apparently want €40m and Mina is pressing them to sort things out with bidding clubs. If it’s not sorted today, Yerry Mina will fly back to Barcelona for pre-season training.

Seems like the ball is in Barcelona’s court.
Belated thanks for your early morning summaries again mate, they are great for an ancient early riser like me! Oh, hope you have a super holiday too!

Probably because he's United's third choice. They're not going to bid until they've given up on their first 2, which could well be deadline day. Player holding out for Man Utd I would imagine, and playing a dangerous game if they don't come.

Barca will most likely drop their asking price. Let's hope they do it before our deadline day not Europe's.

..to be fair, it doesn’t sound like the player is holding out for United. I dare say he prefers that move, but it appears United have not even approached Barcelona. From what Mina’s uncle says, Everton and Lyon have both bid €30m and he’s urging Barcelona to reach agreement with either.

United could, of course, come in and trump everybody. Sounds like Uncle Mina is trying to force the issue.

1. Pickford (GK) 24
  2. Robles (GK) 28 ❌
  3. Stekelenberg (GK) 35
  4. Coleman (RB) 29
  5. Kenny (RB) 21
  6. Martina (RB) 28
  7. Digne (LB) 25 ⬅️
  8. Baines (LB) 33
  9. Garbutt (LB) 25 ❌ (loan)
  10. Robinson (LB) 20 ❌ (loan)
  11. Jagielka (CB) 35
  12. Williams (CB) 33 ❌ (loan)
  13. Keane (CB) 25
  14. Funes Mori (CB) 27 ❌
  15. Holgate (CB) 21
  16. Pennington (CB) 23
  17. Browning (CB) 24
  18. Galloway (CB) 22
  19. Gueye (DM) 28
  20. Baningime (DM) 19
  21. Schneiderlin (DM) 28
  22. McCarthy (DM) 27
  23. Besic (DM) 25
  24. Connolly (DM) 20
  25. Klaassen (CM) 25 ❌
  26. Davies (CM) 20
  27. Rooney (AM) 32 ❌
  28. Sigurdsson (AM) 28
  29. Dowell (AM) 20
  30. Tarashaj (AM) 23 ❌ (loan)
  31. Vlasic (RW) 20
  32. Walcott (RW) 29
  33. Sandro (RW) 23
  34. Richarlison (LW) 21 ⬅️
  35. Lookman (LW) 20
  36. Bolasie (LW) 29
  37. Mirallas (LW) 30
  38. Onyekuru (LW) 21 ❌ (loan)
  39. Tosun (ST) 27
  40. Calvert-Lewin (ST) 21
  41. Niasse (ST) 28

In: 2 (Richarlison, Digne)

Out: 9 (Robles, Funes Mori, Rooney, Garbutt, Onyekuru, Tarashaj, Klaassen, Williams, Robinson)

Current Total: 32

Yes but I´d rather not get as emotionally invested as I do when it´s one of our own.

Tbh after having not won anything on 24 years I just want ready made players who can win us football matches. I could care less if it impacts negatively on the likes of Dowell or Davies. I´d rather win a cup with a squad of foreigners than end up 10th with a bunch of homegrown lads.

Anyway, bit a of a illogical post but there we are.

I suppose I see your point on homegrown bias, I was thinking of it more in terms of youth/potential which I think we have no choice but to take a gamble on (Pickford, Stones, Richarlison, Lookman, whoever) - but the best ready-made players will certainly go for the most successful clubs of the moment which isn't us.

That post pretty much contradicted the post you quoted. Was that intentional?

I was initially thinking "Cannonball?...was that a James Bond movie?"...but of course I was getting things mixed up with 'Thunderball'. Tom Jones sang that movie's theme song (which I note Rolling Stone ranked #10 in their 'best James Bond theme tunes" list.
By the by, another Welsh singer (Shirley Bassey) appears twice in that list.

It's a bit quiet on the transfer front, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.