2018/19 Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
He turned down suggestions made to him from his agent. Nice try with the fake news but I have the inside track on this.

He had NO CHOICE. Martinez wanted him to stay and he repaid him with a knife to the back. That might be Karma if you like, but it still means he wanted out.

How is out of order? Do others as well as me find his no shows a big problem? Is charllatan too strong a word to use on someone who's positioned himself as a club man but who sat in a tv studio stabbing the team on the pitch and the manager in the dugout in the back?
Oh dear

Servant? Pffft! I find that word used about today's players ridiculous.

He was prevented from going to United. He didn't choose to not go there....hence the titty lip he had on him under Martinez.

What about the offers we recived for him under moyes?

Servant? Pffft! I find that word used about today's players ridiculous.

Yes servant. Servants get paid. Quick off the cuff maths. Everton value his service to the club more than yours by his annual salary plus perks less your season ticket and any EFC purchases you make.
He had NO CHOICE. Martinez wanted him to stay and he repaid him with a knife to the back. That might be Karma if you like, but it still means he wanted out.

Dave. He was told by his agent about 3 clubs enquiries. He flat turned it down. The end. Stop trying to funnel the conversation away from your inaccuracy on this.

Let’s face it. Martinez was defensively terrible. Notice his inability to practise defending set pieces cost Belgium.

The boy had offers from United don’t you know.

He had an offer from Moyes because he knew him and admired him. No one else was in for him from a major club. Baines will end up trophyless. That's the bleak reality.

Yes servant. Servants get paid. Quick off the cuff maths. Everton value his service to the club more than yours by his annual salary plus perks less your season ticket and any EFC purchases you make.

Dave. He was told by his agent about 3 clubs enquiries. He flat turned it down. The end. Stop trying to funnel the conversation away from your inaccuracy on this.

Let’s face it. Martinez was defensively terrible. Notice his inability to practise defending set pieces cost Belgium.
Baines has NEVER been a defender. Pienaar bailed him out all the time when Baines was in his "pomp".

He's been an acceptbale signing all things considered. Anything claimed for him beyond that just underlines what a fallen giant we are.

He had an offer from Moyes because he knew him and admired him. No one else was in for him from a major club. Baines will end up trophyless. That's the bleak reality.

The bleak reality Dave is that since 1995 no Everton player has won a trophy... a situation and stigma that needs to change sooner rather than later.

Last year for Baines. He will compete for a while, even may be first choice for the early part of the season but surely we will be looking to the future sooner or later and someone who will be 34 in December is definitely not doing that.

The bleak reality Dave is that since 1995 no Everton player has won a trophy... a situation and stigma that needs to change sooner rather than later.
I wish Baines was the legend others consider him to be because it'd mean we'd had substantial success.

None of our players in the last 23 years have been legends.

Baines has NEVER been a defender. Pienaar bailed him out all the time when Baines was in his "pomp".

He's been an acceptbale signing all things considered. Anything claimed for him beyond that just underlines what a fallen giant we are.

Stop trying go funnel the conversation away. you’re wrong about the offers. This inaccuracy changes the whole complexion of the points you try to make of Baines, because it changes him from charlatan to being loyal to the club.

Roberto Martinez doesn’t evolve as a manager, with the same mistakes costing him time and time again. He’s costing Belgiums golden generation big time

I wish Baines was the legend others consider him to be because it'd mean we'd had substantial success.

None of our players in the last 23 years have been legends.

This I can kind of get on board with.
The term 'legend' is, in my opinion, bandied about far too readily.

Status
Not open for further replies.