Votes: 100 36.2%
  • No, Marco will be worth the lawsuit

Votes: 56 20.3%
  • It's just pre-season you div

Votes: 152 55.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After the recent debacles I decided to back us to lose and the RS to beat Man U - fully expecting Massive Gloat Monday. So at least my £2 will buy 4 pints to drown my sorrows.

Anyone working in an office I recommend you go into the cupboard and clear out all the CUPS and tell the RS there are no trophies in the cabinet in July despite putting goals past Miranda Hart and Russell Grant and winning the Massive Gloat Cup against City Reserves (obligatory lucky late penalty) and United Reserves

Last edited:
If we are getting at least 2 defenders in soon then good but, my next wish is for a midfielder who can get the ball from the defenders, turn and face the oppo goal and pass the ball forward to one of our attackers.
Thing is, it takes time to develop an understanding. Which is what pre-season is for!

I know it was only a friendly but it would have been nice to see the players get around Richo after his first goal for the club.

Not only are we gash but team spirit seems lacking. Maybe too many players worried about their own futures and not the side?

Maybe it looks high because it was so, so, deep last half-season?
No. We played high pressure footy until the Blackburn game. Koeman apparently wanted to do the same thing, but I’m starting to suspect the players are so lacking in confidence that they didn’t follow through

After the recent debacles I decided to back us to lose and the RS to beat Man U - fully expecting Massive Gloat Monday. So at least my £2 will buy 4 pints to drown my sorrows.

Anyone working in an office I recommend you go into the cupboard and clear out all the CUPS and tell the RS there are no trophies in the cabinet in July despite putting goals past Miranda Hart and Russell Grant and winning the Massive Gloat Cup against City Reserves (obligatory lucky late penalty) and United Reserves

Actually...better for office workers to just smile enigmatically towards the RS...they're still in after-glow over Klopp's latest ramblings about Ramos to ramble about us.

No. We played high pressure footy until the Blackburn game. Koeman apparently wanted to do the same thing, but I’m starting to suspect the players are so lacking in confidence that they didn’t follow through
I always thought the players let Koeman down
he failed to deal with it though
lets hope Silva has more about him

But my point is that we have persevered with 2 DCM in whatever formation since Martinez and where has it got us, we still ship lots of goals. Why can't we play 1 DCM and field an extra player in attack.
I'm with you and I think that's why you get the Zakaria mentions. Why you had the Docoure shouts. Box to box types with speed and power that can boss a midfield.

Maybe it looks high because it was so, so, deep last half-season?
It looks high when we have the ball in the final third because every semi competent team dies that. It wasn't high any other time. The problem is that Silva doesn't want 7 or 8 in the box holding the ball forever and producing nothing. He's rather give it away trying to score and set up the counter than do that. Thus the jokes about just kicking the ball to the other team from his days at Olimpiakos.

I always thought the players let Koeman down
he failed to deal with it though
lets hope Silva has more about him
They did let him down but at the same time moonhead was off golfing during the transfer window and just generally gave off the sense that he wasn't really arsed so I understand them not getting behind him so much

..I have to admit to looking at our relegation odds this morning. Generally 33-1. Premiership teams will walk all over us based on last night’s performance which lacked any defensive organisation or resolve and offered virtually nothing in the attacking third of the pitch.

I’d never back Everton to get beat but Wolves look a great bet for the opening game of the season. Let’s hope my footy predictions are as bad as they normally are.

We must all hope that Silva has seen the problems we have known about for ages, and is already on the case.

Hope. The one light left to chase when supporting Everton.

..I have to admit to looking at our relegation odds this morning. Generally 33-1. Premiership teams will walk all over us based on last night’s performance which lacked any defensive organisation or resolve and offered virtually nothing in the attacking third of the pitch.

I’d never back Everton to get beat but Wolves look a great bet for the opening game of the season. Let’s hope my footy predictions are as bad as they normally are.

If the bookies watch a couple of times I am sure they will be less generous!

Status
Not open for further replies.