Confirmed Signing Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are people for real, am I the only one that has watched him play, he has quality you can see it from outer space.

All the comments above remind me of those on here at the time we paid 30 mill for a “massively overpriced and overhyped” Lukaku.

The funny thing is people were extatic about signing unproven 35 mill Brazilian winger from the French league during the week and now turning their noses of one who has proven he can do it in the PL, to funny.

Lukaku had been playing for us for a year. I don’t think anyone was calling him overhyped.
This is a big fee for a relatively unproven player. It’s ok to admit that.

Yes. Indeed, I think the fee is reflecting the fact we've thrown whatever they asked for at it to get him quickly, knowing we wouldn't be able to bargain for him due to the relations we have.

In no way do I think this was Plan A. I'm baffled how anyone could think that tbh.

Dof is in record several times talking up the player and how he regretted massively not signing him for PSV all prior to getting this job, manager has waxed lyrical about the player numerous times, was a player he asked for when he first git the Watford job.

No credible link from any trusted source to any other left sides player, and s couple that made the red tops refuted as us having interest by those sources.

Why is any if that suggestive that this player wasnt a very high priority for the manager/dof?

Also since whenvdues a selling club when asked what they want and apparently have that net instantly by us according to you, ask for a large part of it to be in installments etc? Installments are by the nature of them nearly always a product of negotiating over price differences in a player between buyer and seller.

Now Sigurdsson for example was a panic but in that regard.

This lad was pretty much the first name Silva was asked about on his initial conference, to think we shipped around first then suddenly decided to but him at 24 hours notice seems a bit mad like mate.

Isn't the much more likely scenario is that the dof has been working for a whilst on repairing relations between the clubs and as such it was never a deal which was gonna be quickly done?

It's a big point actually and I know I have said, being able to buy Lozano/Richarlinson from source, as opposed to relying on another club to move first has to be the approach we take in the medium term.

That being said I do think part of this summer is about finding proven quality to quickly shunt us forward. It doesn't look like we arguing for a greater quantity of more speculative players, but a small number of players who provide us the quality we need. I am happy enough with that as long as it's not a longer term plan. The lad has just turned 21 and even though we are paying a lot for him, if Silva continues his development we will be able to sell him on at a decent profit.

Longer term, as we get a more settled team, Silva and Brands have evaluated the squad and familiarised themselves into the role, I think and hope we will begin to take more chances.
If that's the blueprint for our future, they can consider me on board.

It's a big point actually and I know I have said, being able to buy Lozano/Richarlinson from source, as opposed to relying on another club to move first has to be the approach we take in the medium term.

That being said I do think part of this summer is about finding proven quality to quickly shunt us forward. It doesn't look like we arguing for a greater quantity of more speculative players, but a small number of players who provide us the quality we need. I am happy enough with that as long as it's not a longer term plan. The lad has just turned 21 and even though we are paying a lot for him, if Silva continues his development we will be able to sell him on at a decent profit.

Longer term, as we get a more settled team, Silva and Brands have evaluated the squad and familiarised themselves into the role, I think and hope we will begin to take more chances.

People wax lyrical a out teams like athletico and Sevilla and there recruitment, same now with Roma, none of those really recruits much straight from source so to speak but as the second club in the chain after the players have made the move to Europe in a lesser league.

why does it matter? i dont care if he costs 50 pence or 50 million. It's not my money. All I care about is if he will make us better.
I hate this mentality, no offense.

The reason people moan about the fee is because Everton, like MOST other clubs, have a budget. They only can spend what's allotted to them. Value for money. If you spend £30 mil on someone like Klassen you have less money available for another possible player.

"JUST SIGN SOMEONE, ANYONE, PREFERABLY SOMEONE BRAZILIAN OR GERMAN"
"OH NO, WE'VE LEARNED NOTHING, PLEASE DONT SIGN RICHARLSON"
"OH NO, WERE NOT HEARING ANYTHING ABOUT RICHARLSON ANYMORE! NOW THAT HES PROBABLY OFF TO WEST HAM HE MUST BE WORTH IT, SIGN HIM QUICK"

?

I'll be really happy if we sign him.

I don't really get why people are so upset by the fee. If the 50m is only including add ons then we'll recoup the money if we have to pay them as he will have been a success.

If £35m is the initial fee then I think that's a good price, considering his age and potential, if he's good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.