Confirmed Signing Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to him. I hope he succeeds here and makes a name for himself

I have no idea whether he's any good or not incidentally, but I'll wait and see in that regard

Wish we'd spent the money in an area where we needed more immediate cover like left back, but we seem to be going for the cheaper option in Digne regards to that position so hey-ho

50m? Considering we sold lukaku for 70 this is a huge rip off

His stats bar his first 12 games are poor. Anyone can have a good spell of form.

We need to be finding these players when they are cheaper! Ie find him like Watford did when he played in Brazil. Surely that’s what our scouts and brands should be doing?

Malcolm for me would be a far better signing and much cheaper. I’m sure he will be decent for us but at 50m I’m not convinced
90 mil plus Rooney mate :coffee:

The fee is worth the fact that @Youorns84 and every other gloating watford fan can feel how truly far down the football hierarchy they are.

Richarlison, Mina, Digne in before August and all of a sudden the window starts to look really good depending on who gets punted in that time.
Well said. Everything really hinges on the exits. If the likes of Malcolm isn’t coming in, Lookman has to stay for me.

That is clearly nonsense.

And the point is anyway rather the one @Dutch Toffee and I made earlier -- it's not about whether Richarlison's level is the best we can get. It's about how much you pay for that level. I don't mind us buying a second-tier player. I just don't want us to spend first-tier cash on him. That was the Walsh/Koeman era. The Brands era was supposed to be different. Clubs looking on will just be thinking: nothing has changed, they are there for the taking and they are clueless in the market.

Or the flip side is silva sees how good he could be and IF he fulfills his potential the fee will look like a good investment down the line.

I would expect a mixture of signings going forward including the canny lower fee unearthed gems and youth signings.

Every transfer is a gamble to some extent.

I love signing players and yes the market has gone crazy over the last few years but the values that we are being forced to pay is ridiculous. Great when the players perform but a millstone around our necks if they don't. I can't imagine we can take too many hits like last summer if we still want a new stadium.

If he signs great I will get behind him just like I did/am with Sigurdsson but I hope he adds some x factor to us straight from the off.

Just seems we are in that halfway house where we aren't getting in superstars (despite the superstar money we are paying) and we aren't getting in decent prospects for ok money (Well we did with Lookman and then choose not to play him) That middle ground can be dangerous.

If we can offload Bolasie for 20 mill then I will feel a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.