Confirmed Signing Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because no manager anywhere has ever made a mistake signing a player he thought was good enough to move to a bigger club. Martinez definitely didn’t do that with any of his signings.

Well that’s a strawman..

Clearly managers make mistakes. But generally the manager who gets paid to manage football players and has actually managed the transfer target for several months is more likely to have an accurate understanding of the player than somebody who watched him play a few games on Match of the Day.

In my opinion.

What are you basing Pickford wanting to leave on ????.

Give the lad a breather ffs, he`s only just back from the World Cup.

Players always want to leave if given the opportunity to go to a bigger club and bigger money. There are exceptions but they only come around once in a blue moon.

Pickford is fiercely ambitious. If Chelsea come knocking he´ll want to go.

Lost our minds if we sign this cat for £40-50m. In this order skillful, quick, all action CM, young Baines clone, CB, striker (Tosun, DCL, Niasse is grim). Don't even see this position as priority.

Players always want to leave if given the opportunity to go to a bigger club and bigger money. There are exceptions but they only come around once in a blue moon.

Pickford is fiercely ambitious. If Chelsea come knocking he´ll want to go.

But that`s not the same as wanting to leave, which is what @davek was alluding to.

There is nothing what so ever, other than the tin foil hat merchants on here, to suggest that he has asked to go / wants to go / or Chelsea want him !!!!

He is a saleable asset. I;d say he and Pickford are the only ones that will fetch decent cash. That's what I meant. No one is weighing Everton in big money for Siggurdson or Walcott, thats for sure.
I agree. Pickford is on less than half the wages of our top earners so unless we tie him down to a new contract he is likely to be sold for a big fee. Lookman is on a low wage also and will probably be offered more than double at Leipzig. So we have a decision to make on him. Good ages and our assets.

Trying to work out how to abbreviate his name, I've a 3 syllable limit. Should it be Ricky?. Rico?. Charlie?.

hmmmmm.....

Status
Not open for further replies.