Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I''m pretty sure the same thing was said last season when they signed Arnautovic, Hernandez and Hart and they were still pony.

Arnautovic has deffo improved them to be fair, he's there best player

who said that about hart? class in his day but he's been woeful for the past 2/3 years

Hernandez fair does on him, hasn't worked out at all

but we have already sold a couple including by far and away our biggest earner, as I have already said I agree with what they are trying to do, but hypothetically if we cannot sell the players they want gone, are we going to not sign anyone? it's a valid question and something to worry about as there seems to be no movement thus far in regards to transfers in

the EXACT same thing happened last season when we sold rom, we had NO striker lined up to replace him and people kept saying don't worry it will happen, stop being bedwetters etc etc, we signed no one and our season was a disaster
Didn't we fire Walsh and Koeman?

What about people who watch all our games on telly or on streams?
What about them?

This isn't a criticism of anyone, as has been made clear repeatedly. It's a perfectly legitimate point that someone who has paid £2000 to watch games may be more bothered if the football is poor and the results aren't good than someone who hasn't. When we got hammered by Atalanta away, and I watched it on TV, the first thing I said to my mate was 'thank god we didn't go', because i'd have been a lot more annoyed if i'd spent a fortune and wasted holidays going to watch that shambles than I was sat watching it in the pub. My level of support didn't change, but the impact the game had on me changed dramatically.

Again though, this is a thread about transfers and I hope that we manage to negotiate both incomings and outgoings which please the entirety of the fanbase, whether they've been to Goodison once or a thousand times.

Me personally I don’t think it’s as bad as it looks. I wouldn't base the ability of this squad on the last season, the managers in place were a joke and anti football.
If you look around the squad there is quality all over the pitch, we have some of the brightest young talent in the country hungry for a start too, I’m pretty sure given the chance the likes of baningame, dowel, Lookman etc could step up and do a good job.
As far as I can see we only need three players, a starting left back, a starting center back and a starting left winger. The three players would have to be starters and real quality but I would be fine with only three incomings.
Three incomings and a load of outgoings to balance the books and this window would be a success.

People moaning that we can't sell half the squad of players we think are rubbish but have a go that our best players don't stay because we have a squad full of rubbish and want to win things.

WOW! And don't you dare go on about AMBITION
because the majority of you are happy clapping players with Gravesen, Heitinga, Besic but boo'd the crap out of Lukaku and Stones plus moaned that a 30 year old Arteta wanted to win something and earn one last big payday and cryed when Shaquri or Rasmus Elm didn't sign!

Yes we are a successful club but we haven't been for years so we need to re-evaluate our club status and work to become better.

Silva and Brands have been here a week and Moshri has done more for the club then Blue Bill or Johnson have EVER DONE!

I think it's time Evertonians instead of attacking the club from within ACTUALLY supported it in the present instead of the past.

To live in the past, is to die in the present.
Proper good rant that mate, agree with all of it.

Me personally I don’t think it’s as bad as it looks. I wouldn't base the ability of this squad on the last season, the managers in place were a joke and anti football.
If you look around the squad there is quality all over the pitch, we have some of the brightest young talent in the country hungry for a start too, I’m pretty sure given the chance the likes of baningame, dowel, Lookman etc could step up and do a good job.
As far as I can see we only need three players, a starting left back, a starting center back and a starting left winger. The three players would have to be starters and real quality but I would be fine with only three incomings.
Three incomings and a load of outgoings to balance the books and this window would be a success.

This is a factor.

Last July Sandro looked like he could be one of the signings of the season. Lets see what Silva can get out of him. Same with Klaassen. Even Keane.

People are writing it all off, but a huge problem was the management. The players weren't/aren't good enough, but there's no point scrapping it all (again). We need to trim the squad, so if we can somehow manage to punt the ones that we know aren't up to scratch (Kev, Williams), then we can use pre-season to verify whether Sandro/Klaassen/Niasse/Vlasic or whoever else can add something.

I'm an ideal world also a boss CM who can carry the ball too

Agree with all that except we also need pace and power in central midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.