Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. This thread has become a mess. Silva just got there. I’m sure he and Brands have plenty of ideas on players, but to see them work for a couple of weeks as well as play in some games makes sense. Relax.

And we will be able to move virtually all our players, we aren’t going to be stuck with anyone if we don’t want to be. It’s a function of how badly we want to be rid of. We will have plenty leaving and a couple coming in. Everything is fine.
That's a very ambitious shout I think. We are almost certain to be stuck with 2 or 3 we don't want in my opinion, unless Silva sees things in players that others haven't.

I’m completely happy for this season to be a complete non-event if it’s needed to help rectify the financial damage of last season.
This was always going to be the case anyway, bar a cup run, yet some people still seem unable to grasp that Koeman and Walsh left behind not only a mess on the field, but also a financial black hole with players wages, that needs plugging too.

If you care to actually read what we're talking about, you'll see that it's nothing to do with being a 'better blue'. I was asking a genuine question to better understand the effect that regular poor performances would actually have on the individual.

Going to the game actually matters when you're talking about certain things. If somebody says, I don't really care if my local supermarket stocks bread, it's fair to ask whether they actually shop there. Same here, it's perfectly valid to say that those who've spent a fortune on a season ticket may be more bothered about the product on the pitch than those who'll just watch match of the day. I know loads of blues who said Allardyce was doing fine and everybody should get off his back, until they actually sat through 90 minutes of a game and came round to the idea that yes, it was pretty soul destroying for those who had to sit through it every week.

Going to the game actually matters when talking about certain things!!!! Mmmnnn me and you could have a problem ;). Im irish. Blue since 83.
Nailed it, with sound bites such as Monopoly money.

He’s obvious better than Kenwright because at least the banks won’t come knocking but that’s about it.

He’s come to make a lot of money on his shares he’s been told about the site on Bramley Moore and he’s come basically to act as a gaunrtour and sort the debts out so we can get a loan. Once it was built he would sell to a rich Arab until then he would get by selling assets after assets but didn’t bargain that Walsh would spend the Lukaku money on a load of ale house footballers.

Koeman and walsh messed up his investment no doubt. Im unsure how much he actually put in taking the sales of likaku and del boy etc outta it. It was a sum alright but no more than an average new investor would put in. He isnt the money god image that the club allowed to run with in his early days. But he has failed in the monies he has invested. Even though it was walsh and koeman who spent it. A blind man could have told you dont buy 3 number 10s when u needed a f in striker. I m just hoping he gets the stadium done. I see nothing happening in the transfer market except to rid ourselves of 10 of the most useless professionals in a supposedly top flight club. Cull cull cull.

I am honestly more concerned about getting shut of the garbage. With a smaller squad with less trash I know we will perform better under Silva.

Williams, Martina, Mirallas, Klaassen, Besic et al need swerving pronto.

Henry is the epitome of how we banged our heads last summer and thought we were City.

I like him and i think hes a terrific prospect, but signing a player we knew we wouldnt get two years of football out of for north of 10 million is crazy.

Especially when you consider the limits that may be on us this year financially.
We didn't though. That was why Onyekuru was mad at Anderlecht there was a distinct possibility that he would've gotten a permit if it wasn't for his injury and subsequent benching. We were banking on him going to the world cup.

Wow. This thread has become a mess. Silva just got there. I’m sure he and Brands have plenty of ideas on players, but to see them work for a couple of weeks as well as play in some games makes sense. Relax.

And we will be able to move virtually all our players, we aren’t going to be stuck with anyone if we don’t want to be. It’s a function of how badly we want to be rid of. We will have plenty leaving and a couple coming in. Everything is fine.

Spot on.

They`ve been back in training ONE WEEK and peoples heads are falling off, due to the fact that Silva and Brands haven`t started ripping the squad to bits.

Plus they`ve said everyone gets a given a fair chance too.

* Hopefully that doesn`t include Bolasie.

How would this help his EU work permit application, playing in Turkey?

It means we're relying on him getting international caps in order to be get a work permit.
Surprised he wasn't sent on loan to Belgium again - think he only needed one more year for a Belgian passport.

can say we need to offload players until the end of the window, but what if we can't?

are we not going to sign players we DESPERATELY need in some positions? IE CB/LB/CM/ST because our wage is to high?

West Ham:

Appoint Pellegrini as manager

Sign the likes of Yarmolenko, Anderson, Diop & Wilshire

Everton:

Appoint Silva as manager

Sign bugger all and pull out of a move for our main target because of £5 million.

And some of our fans think this is acceptable :blush:

That's a very ambitious shout I think. We are almost certain to be stuck with 2 or 3 we don't want in my opinion, unless Silva sees things in players that others haven't.
We don’t have to be. It’s just a function of wages/fee. Even Mirallas has value.

can say we need to offload players until the end of the window, but what if we can't?

are we not going to sign players we DESPERATELY need in some positions? IE CB/LB/CM/ST because our wage is to high?

Exactly.

Our wage bill has already been dramatically reduced from last years anyway. Having Rooney, Funes Mori and Robles off the books means our wage bill has already been reduced by over 200k a week.

West Ham:

Appoint Pellegrini as manager

Sign the likes of Yarmolenko, Anderson, Diop & Wilshire

Everton:

Appoint Silva as manager

Sign bugger all and pull out of a move for our main target because of £5 million.

And some of our fans think this is acceptable :blush:

West ham have signed all them?

Status
Not open for further replies.