Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diop is a very good player. Would instantly be our best centre back alongside Holgate.

Id hope that if we didnt go for/get him we would be after the boy from Leipzig Upamecano...both have their positives and negatives and could actually both be top signings in their own right...

Diop has the leadership + half the price.

I like Holgate and he could be very good but if he’s that bar we’re judging potential new centre backs against then I’d want someone a lot better. If you’re suggesting Diop is so good then saying he’d be “alongside” Holgate as our best centre back wouldn’t exactly fill me with encouragement.

I like Holgate and he could be very good but if he’s that bar we’re judging potential new centre backs against then I’d want someone a lot better. If you’re suggesting Diop is so good then saying he’d be “alongside” Holgate as our best centre back wouldn’t exactly fill me with encouragement.

I rate Holgate.

But the phrase was simply to say that he and Holgate would be our best 2 centre backs. Not that one is better than the other...if we signed Ramos then id say the same...

Jags/Williams arent here long now.
Keane has totally flopped
Mori is too inconsistent.

Wouldn't come here but would love it:

AGENT: MARTIAL WANTS TO LEAVE

Anthony Martial wants to leave Manchester United, according to his agent.

Martial has found consistency hard to come by at United, starting only 18 matches in the Premier League last season.

“After reflecting carefully on all the possibilities and all the parameters, Anthony has decided he wants to leave Manchester United,” Philippe Lamboley told RMC Sport.

Wouldn't come here but would love it:

AGENT: MARTIAL WANTS TO LEAVE

Anthony Martial wants to leave Manchester United, according to his agent.

Martial has found consistency hard to come by at United, starting only 18 matches in the Premier League last season.

“After reflecting carefully on all the possibilities and all the parameters, Anthony has decided he wants to leave Manchester United,” Philippe Lamboley told RMC Sport.

aye, he'd be boss

but he's never coming here

he'll either stay at United and get a new contract, or he'll end up at Chelsea with Willian going the other way

I doubt the veracity of this simply because they have his name spelt wrong. It's McLoughlin and he is a very very good CB but I wonder if he is currently capable of making that huge step up. £200k and a sell on clause would probably get it done, loan him straight out to the championship for a season and you may may have another Coleman on your hands. There is no hype about him over here but people who understand the game know he is the only one playing here who could be capable of playing PL football in the future

..weirdly when I was writing the summary I spelt the name McLoughlin, it was only when I checked that I noticed McCloughlin and wondered if it was an Irish definitive. Regardless, i’m too full of dark rum and gin this week so I copy what’s out there.

I don’t know the lad but I suppose many would’ve said the same about Seamus Coleman a few years back. If it happens such signings are low risk, high reward and it really is lots to do about whether the individual has the drive and mentality to make the step up.

I don't know anything about Diop mate, but I just don't think he's the profile of what we need. We have Holgate and Keane who aren't going anywhere I don't think. We need a quality CB in their prime to come in and help organise us.

Kluivert is a real talent but we've got our own real talent in that position in Lookman. We aren't in a position to buy in positions we are well stocked in - we simply have to shift some players first.

So it's less calling for patience, and just more calling for people not to get wound up that these young talents may be going elsewhere.

Both the manager and DoF have made it clear we are aiming for a handful of quality signings, but we have to get a large chunk of the squad off the books.
Keane is not good enough. Diop would be a big improvement on what we have as would Kluivert.

See where we are mid August. But you do the same every summer BT. Call for patience then join in the moaning at the end of the window when we havent brought in what was needed.

I'm not saying you're wrong to have patience. Just that you're wrong to criticise others who dont.

Keane is not good enough. Diop would be a big improvement on what we have as would Kluivert.

See where we are mid August. But you do the same every summer BT. Call for patience then join in the moaning at the end of the window when we havent brought in what was needed.

I'm not saying you're wrong to have patience. Just that you're wrong to criticise others who dont.

Keane could be good enough. We don't know. Just as we don't know whether Diop is good enough.

You say he's great, and I believe you, but then why is it just West Ham in for him so far? Why aren't Liverpool, or Spurs - who are selling Alderweireld, or trying to - or United, or Arsenal in for him?

Every signing is a gamble. Keane looked solid at the start and overall had an awful season. But there's other reasons for that than him simply not being up to scratch.

Kluivert - would he have been? We have an extremely talented left winger on our books in Lookman. I'd rather see him get given a go and sign someone of real, top quality to then be able to dump Bolasie off.

I'm not criticising anybody really, I don't think? I haven't emphasised patience at all. I want us to hurry up and sign some players.

The point is we've got ourselves into a position where we need to dump a lot of players off and look at 3-4 top-quality signings. Unfortunately, we probably have to get rid before we buy, and when those players are poor, or have performed poorly, and then are on high wages to boot, they're hard to shift and it will take time.

Status
Not open for further replies.