Young EFC Players Out On Loan 17-18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this not all a little bit tinged with hindsight though, Eggs?

You can't honestly tell me last summer you'd have been comfortable playing Robinson/Connolly at left-back as an example? You yourself don't rate Robinson as a defender. I dunno, I just think them all getting so many minutes in a tough league is far more beneficial than them maybe getting some minutes here (but let's face it, which of our managers would have played them?). There's a reason managers as respected as even Pep bemoan the youth leagues and advocate first team football.

Plus what if we kept them, they didn't look up to it, and we sold them? What happens if they improved this year and come back and look ready to take part?

I'd have played someone from the Under 9s if the alternative was Martina.

Is this not all a little bit tinged with hindsight though, Eggs?

You can't honestly tell me last summer you'd have been comfortable playing Robinson/Connolly at left-back for an example? I dunno, I just think them all getting so many minutes in a tough league is far more beneficial than them maybe getting some minutes here (but let's face it, which of our managers would have played them?). There's a reason managers as respected as even Pep bemoan the youth leagues and advocate first team football.

Plus what if we kept them, they didn't look up to it, and we sold them? What happens if they improved this year and come back and look ready to take part?

..it’s not hindsight, I remember posting in August that i was very surprised Robinson had gone on loan given the lack of LB cover. He’d had his own injury problems but looked very good on the run-in to the U23s winning PL2. I appreciate these lads need experience of game time, but my point is that it was virtually assured at Everton. Similarly, I regularly posted that Dowell was our best RM option (up until Walcott arrived in January).

The risk involved in putting them in is best analysed against who actually played instead of them;

Connolly/Robinson > Martina
Dowell > Lennon (especially when factoring in his partnership with Kenny)
Lookman > Bolasie

..it’s not hindsight, I remember posting in August that i was very surprised Robinson had gone on loan given the lack of LB cover. He’d had his own injury problems but looked very good on the run-in to the U23s winning PL2. I appreciate these lads need experience of game time, but my point is that it was virtually assured at Everton. Similarly, I regularly posted that Dowell was our best RM option (up until Walcott arrived in January).

The risk involved in putting them in is best analysed against who actually played instead of them;

Connolly/Robinson > Martina
Dowell > Lennon (especially when factoring in his partnership with Kenny)
Lookman > Bolasie

I really don't think they'd have got any minutes:

- Lookman was with us till January and barely featured under 3 managers.
- Kenny barely got a look in despite us being short of both full-backs till Unsworth got his shot
- Martina in my opinion was pretty solid and dependable and we also had Garbutt available all of the season.

It's all a matter of opinions but I'm more than happy all of them were sent out on loan. We wouldn't have finished higher than 8th if they'd have stayed I'm certain.

- Kenny barely got a look in despite us being short of both full-backs till Unsworth got his shot
- Martina in my opinion was pretty solid and dependable and we also had Garbutt available all of the season.

It's all a matter of opinions but I'm more than happy all of them were sent out on loan. We wouldn't have finished higher than 8th if they'd have stayed I'm certain.

hopefully brands will change that, i certainly dont think he'd have sanctioned the signing of martina.

If he can’t come to us I think a year in the the Bundesliga will be better for him than at Anderlect

The Bundesliga is becoming an attractive place for young England players too, and at least three youngsters are considering moving there, including the highly rated RS U17s WC winner Rhian Brewster who apparently has also spoken to Moenchengladbach . Sancho from Man City moved to Dortmund last year and has done well.

The Bundesliga is becoming an attractive place for young England players too, and at least three youngsters are considering moving there, including the highly rated RS U17s WC winner Rhian Brewster who apparently has also spoken to Moenchengladbach . Sancho from Man City moved to Dortmund last year and has done well.

Tbh I think it's for the best, he wasn't well liked at Anderlecht because he's quite troublesome to have in the group. Even now he's saying that he wasn't injured etc when he had a setback during training, a couple of weeks ago (after he played a game with the reserves). They could have risked his knee I suppose, a high risk recurring injury, but that would have been quite a stupid way to learn him a lesson. Very strange reasoning from him, why the hell wouldn't Anderlecht play him if he was fit when there main strikers were injured and they were only two points down from the title (more now since injuries ravaged their chances)... People thought Lukaku was troublesome, he's much worse. Not only at Anderlecht, also in Eupen. A mitigating factor is that he played football in one of the worst Anderlecht teams in ages but still all in all a poor loan spell.

Having read the comments I don't think the RSCA fans will miss him. Especially his mentality they find lacking, he doesn't play football as a team game.

Tbh I think it's for the best, he wasn't well liked at Anderlecht because he's quite troublesome to have in the group. Even now he's saying that he wasn't injured etc when he had a setback during training, a couple of weeks ago (after he played a game with the reserves). They could have risked his knee I suppose, a high risk recurring injury, but that would have been quite a stupid way to learn him a lesson. Very strange reasoning from him, why the hell wouldn't Anderlecht play him if he was fit when there main strikers were injured and they were only two points down from the title (more now since injuries ravaged their chances)... People thought Lukaku was troublesome, he's much worse. Not only at Anderlecht, also in Eupen. A mitigating factor is that he played football in one of the worst Anderlecht teams in ages but still all in all a poor loan spell.

Having read the comments I don't think the RSCA fans will miss him. Especially his mentality they find lacking, he doesn't play football as a team game.
Re your “ why the hell wouldnt Anderlecht play him if he was fit” I read a bit of a conspiracy theory article from some Nigerian site the other day where they were fuming that RSCA didn’t give him 1st team games knowing he was fit because they’d played him in reserve games and he proved his fitness. The theory was that if they didn’t play him he didn’t get selected for the WC squad and they had him still with RSCA next season. Which would seem to tie in the differing views of how fit he was after training/ reserve games.
Oh well , perhaps he’s spoken with Ademola, cue “ Young player has strop with manager and goes off to play successfully in Bundesliga”

Re your “ why the hell wouldnt Anderlecht play him if he was fit” I read a bit of a conspiracy theory article from some Nigerian site the other day where they were fuming that RSCA didn’t give him 1st team games knowing he was fit because they’d played him in reserve games and he proved his fitness. The theory was that if they didn’t play him he didn’t get selected for the WC squad and they had him still with RSCA next season. Which would seem to tie in the differing views of how fit he was after training/ reserve games.

Oh well , perhaps he’s spoken with Ademola, cue “ Young player has strop with manager and goes off to play successfully in Bundesliga”
Nigerian media are strange. He only played a semi-decent amount of time in one game and he had a setback afterwards in training.

Tbh honest, if what Armel has posted is accurate, he doesn't sound like the kind of player we want at the club. Hopefully he has a decent year next season and they (or another BL club) want to buy him.

I'm with Eggs on this one. I ended up with a degree of respect for Martina because I felt he did his best and always tried. But I think he was the worst full back in the league last year of all the teams. Especially at left back when we had zero attacking threat down that side whenever he played.

Status
Not open for further replies.