Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me like he's sending Rooney out to do his job for him. Truth is, Rooney can't even do his own job, never mind Sams.

Yep and that wouldn't surprise me either tbh. You would expect (or rather hope) that they learnt their lesson after the previous fiasco/s and they will have definitely known for at least a couple of months that they had to replace Allardyce at the end of season and get a new Manager in who is able to move the club forward but then this is Everton and one thing we are very good at is Evertoning things up.

It would make sense. There was no obvious candidate at the time who was available so instead of taking on anybody they have given themselves more time to get someone in place by appointing a glorified caretaker manager in Allardyce, someone who they knew would keep us up at least and would maybe work out who needs jibbing off and who is worth keeping.

Have you ever heard of refusing to accept a resignation? Have you ever heard of gardenng leave? Have you ever heard of employment law in general?

Course you have so stop being stupid.
Watford are mega rich so obviously they would have done that.Get real. Modern football is all about money principle is history.

But who exactly was this mythical "other manager",[/]nobody else would touch the job with a barge pole[/]...unless you know something different.

Plenty would.

At £6 million a year you can bet your life there would.

Silva for one....he was ready to walk all the way up here from Watford but for his boss not letting him leave.

Unless of course you know something different.

He'll be gone in the summer anyway but I doubt many sides would have lived with City with their first half performance no matter what side/tactics Allardyce used. They've ripped apart much better sides than us this season.

And they have been frustrated by worse sides than us.....Palace and Bristol City for example.

The tactics employed on Saturday made City look much better than they actually are.

Plenty would.

At £6 million a year you can bet your life there would.

Silva for one....he was ready to walk all the way up here from Watford but for his boss not letting him leave.

Unless of course you know something different.
But they didn't, several rated managers were out of a job at the time and chose to remain that way.Watford would have had to let him leave if he resigned.Unless you honestly think they'd have put him on indefinate leave and paid another manager.Don't really think they are in that league financially.

As if there's even a debate to be had anymore after that showing in the weekend.

I'm embarrassed for you if you're attempting to defend that. Go find a new sport to follow because if you think that's acceptable in any way then football isn't for you.

I did not support Sams appointment , that he has to go end of season has to happen

However I disagree with the hysteria Sam getting the sack is the answer to all our problems , there are threads eluding to the more in depth problems we have apart from our Manager .

I also disagree that Anyone defending Sam or debating this point on his behalf after Saturday,s result should be labelled as embarraressing and need to be told to find another sport , IMO reading the majority of posts defending Sam are as much staunch EFC football supporters who are as knowledgeable as anyone else

Regarding Saturday 3-1 loss - City are streets ahead of any other PL team - IMO they are possibly the best PL side I have seen - 16 points ahead of 2nd W 27 D 3 L1 F 88 A 21 goals - beat Arsenal on three occasions with a F 9 -A 1 goal tally , Arsenal thrashed us 5-1 and 5-2

Big Sam happened as - no other decent manager wanted to come near Everton with a barge pole
The bottom line is he had a job to do - survival - which he has done

Therefore I want Sam to win as many games as possible till the end of the season - I wanted to beat City " I would love it if we beat the R/S "
the higher we end up this season the better as far as I am concerned .

And I will continue to support Everton and football as long as I want - despite being told to do otherwise !

I did not support Sams appointment , that he has to go end of season has to happen

However I disagree with the hysteria Sam getting the sack is the answer to all our problems , there are threads eluding to the more in depth problems we have apart from our Manager .

I also disagree that Anyone defending Sam or debating this point on his behalf after Saturday,s result should be labelled as embarraressing and need to be told to find another sport , IMO reading the majority of posts defending Sam are as much staunch EFC football supporters who are as knowledgeable as anyone else

Regarding Saturday 3-1 loss - City are streets ahead of any other PL team - IMO they are possibly the best PL side I have seen - 16 points ahead of 2nd W 27 D 3 L1 F 88 A 21 goals - beat Arsenal on three occasions with a F 9 -A 1 goal tally , Arsenal thrashed us 5-1 and 5-2

Big Sam happened as - no other decent manager wanted to come near Everton with a barge pole

Therefore I want Sam to win as many games as possible till the end of the season - I wanted to beat City " I would love it if we beat the R/S "

And I will continue to support Everton and football as long as I want - despite being told to do otherwise !
Not true there were plenty...they just seem hard to name.

And so the players are blameless?
The players are far from blameless mate. But it's not a case of it's either the managers fault or the players fault.

Let me ask you this. Would you have gone with that line up and formation for the City game. Would you have gone with a completely new formation and game tactic, knowing that you have had little or no chance to work on it in training during an International week. Would you have gone with a midfield 2 consisting of our 2 slowest players against the best footballing team in Europe. Would you have waited until half time before making a tactical change having been fortunate to be only 3 down after 20 minutes, and then waited an additional 20+ minutes before making your first player change.

Anybody who believes that the manager has no fault for that shambles on Saturday is living in Loopy Town.

This is the Sam Allardyce thread so people are in here having a go at him for his tactics etc. If you care to have a look at the player threads, or indeed Andy's MOM thread, you will see that the players are also getting a hammering. I don't think anyone has come out of it with any credit other than Baningime and possibly Davies.

Sorry mate but it's hugely embarassing. Owner talks a good game then appoints Allardyce.

Imagine arsenal spurs or the RS appointing the fraud. We'd be in stitches.

But they didn't, several rated managers were out of a job at the time and chose to remain that way.Watford would have had to let him leave if he resigned.Unless you honestly think they'd have put him on indefinate leave and paid another manager.Don't really think they are in that league financially.

So by your own admission there is at least one we know off who would have grabbed the barge pole quite willingly.

Silva.

Ergo your point about no one wanting to “touch the job with a barge pole” is flawed.

And as neither you nor I know what the financial mindset of the Watford honcho is, we have no idea about “gardening leave” or any other such arrangement that was placed as an obstacle in his way.

The only thing we know for sure is that he wanted to come up here.

Also there is a whole raft of managers would have jumped at the chance...would still jump at the chance....when next the job comes up for grabs.

They might not have been sufficiently high profile to excite us, the fans, but there are legions of wannabee top managers would love the Goodison job as it offers fantastic salary and a large transfer budget.

And it ill behoves our own supporters to dismiss the attraction of EFC to prospective managers in such a cavalier fashion.

The defence of Samuel Allardyce by some posters on here is worthy of Uriah Heep, that ever so ‘umble fellow from David Copperfield.

Like we are “not worthy” enough to attract anyone else.

We can and will do better than Sam ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.