New Everton Stadium Discussion

It’s just a tick box excercise do they can say they’ve consulted the fans.

In reality what we thinks mean very little and the 99% completed stadium designs will be sitting on Dan’s computer right now waiting to be submitted.

This really. The ‘results’ will show that the fans voted for a 45,000 seater bowl with a running track and a massive increase in pricing to catch the ‘top 6’.........

It’s just a tick box excercise do they can say they’ve consulted the fans.

In reality what we thinks mean very little and the 99% completed stadium designs will be sitting on Dan’s computer right now waiting to be submitted.

..I dare say a lot of input from the fans will be low level detail that the club can consider within the high-level stadium design. I love the Alan Ball murel in the existing dressing room, it would be great to see that as a prominent feature in the fans area of the home end.

When is this fan feedback closing date?

Going take a few weeks to do the analysis and what key points/words appear.

I think we all just want to see some sort of renderings as I think with most things we do we are a little worried that they won’t get it right and all quite nervous.

When is this fan feedback closing date?

Going take a few weeks to do the analysis and what key points/words appear.

I think we all just want to see some sort of renderings as I think with most things we do we are a little worried that they won’t get it right and all quite nervous.

..I suspect they are already looking at completed questionnaires and the running total on responses.

..I suspect they are already looking at completed questionnaires and the running total on responses.

You would hope so...

I do think words and phrases such as intimidating, close proximity will be high up.

Speaking to a Spurs fan in work about the stadium this morning just saying how great it’s to have a stadium where you know where the home end is I pray to god we are the same.

More flannel from the flim flam man.

“We had a board meeting (earlier this month) and that was about the board rubber-stamping the next stage in the journey. The next stage is to do consultation with fans and get that feedback while at the same time looking to get the Council funding whilst at the same time looking to secure the additional top-up funding that we need".

Wow, they've really cracked on with this in a year haven't they? Look at all that progress. All's that's needed now is more fan consultations (no doubt with a few work shops thrown in), and the cash.

Piece of piss.

Thanks for your excellent work Mr Elstone, and keep up this breathtaking pace you've set. :coffee:

I can't open the survey, don't have a customer number, but I'd like to see the survey questions.

Hi mate I have copied them for you

• Do you like Everton?
  • What is your favourite cheese?
  • Have you ever scored at Old Trafford?
  • What are your views on neg rep?
  • Who was your favourite Spice Girl?
  • Do you like bowl-shaped stadiums?
  • What colour are the walls in the Lisbon toilets?

Honestly mate, our man @The_La has seen it - he says it is a bowl and he is usually right about all things Everton.

I haven't seen it but I know someone who has. He told me there were no distinct sides and no massive home end from what he saw. Pretty sure it's a bowl. That said, it's difficult to know whether what he has seen was actually a finished article or not. He seemed to think there were still big discussions taking place about capacity with no agreement reached and costs escalating all the time (which has since been confirmed by Elstone).

Interestingly this person should be quite involved in the project but hasn't heard anything for ages since initial meetings he was at. Seems to have gone very, very quiet.

More flannel from the flim flam man.

“We had a board meeting (earlier this month) and that was about the board rubber-stamping the next stage in the journey. The next stage is to do consultation with fans and get that feedback while at the same time looking to get the Council funding whilst at the same time looking to secure the additional top-up funding that we need".

Wow, they've really cracked on with this in a year haven't they? Look at all that progress. All's that's needed now is more fan consultations (no doubt with a few work shops thrown in), and the cash.

Piece of piss.

Thanks for your excellent work Mr Elstone, and keep up this breathtaking pace you've set. :coffee:
Shocking mate. What have they done? It's rather baffling. It's been about two years since it was first announced, and now, going into Spring 2018, we're (again - haha) at the fan consultation stage and the board is now working on a way to find the money they need. You couldn't make it up!

Honestly mate, our man @The_La has seen it - he says it is a bowl and he is usually right about all things Everton.

I'll reserve judgement. The Echo had his tweet about a "bowl" after the derby defeat at Goodison in December 2016. Meis had to clarify he didn't mean bowl stadium. As below:

Meis was queried by supporters on his statement and offered clarification by responding “to be clear... “bowl” is a generic term for seating, not a reference to shape”.

As someone pointed out earlier there's a general consensus from fans, IE no bowl, 4 sides, at least 55,000 or 60,000 or 61878 or 65,000.