New Everton Stadium Discussion

Same here mate. 40 years that is.

But to me, the Dot to Dot narrative, my experience of commercial property stuff, just everything, screams that the ground is the key to a lot of money to a few people. People that Moshiri almost certainly knows.

I might well win the Tit of the Year if this all goes down the pan, but happy to take that on.
Well tits always look better in pairs so here’s the left tit

How do you marry up having a ridiculously expensive world class waterside Stadium and paying affordable prices. I want a Five star all inclusive Holiday on a tranquil Caribbean island for Butlins prices can you help me out with that as well.

As for Moshiri/Usmanov they are hard nosed businessmen who have built up billion pound empires by being absolutely ruthless. Why are we now relying on them turning into soft benefactors willing to subsidise cheap tickets ?
I could give you a dozen but here’s 3
Their ego and the boost it will get from having a top PL club at a brand new iconic stadium
The money they and Corestate will make from the bigger dock developement
Rich men don’t get angry , they get even and the chance to overtake Kronke and Arsenal is a chance to get even

Get 10 million in per season for naming rights and we almost double what we were getting beforehand. Misci sponsorship will also go up if the stadium is seen to one of the best around. (Unlike WHAM) The corporate side alone would prob give another 5 million. As others have said Goodison is a bit cramped to spend any length of time in, the new stadium might be a place you would go to an hour before kick off and the fan plaza has the ability to generate far more in income too for us.

We will never be matching the clubs above us but we can close the gap a bit, the club seems on the up, it boosts things like shirt sponsorship, players/managers wanting to come to us. It can't all be quantified in numbers, it brings more than that.
20 m a year naming rights for the USM Dixie Dean stadium at Bramly Moore Dock seems reasonable

I think the idea is that any carbuncles built alongside the three graces denigrates the waterfront.
I find it difficult to understand how those tower blocks of apartments were able to be built at Princes Dock, with let's face it, far more of an impact on the topography of that waterfront than any stadium will ever have, and no one seemed to care about UNESCO then...

Arsenal on verge of announcing an deal with a significant tech company who are installing cameras at the Emirates, which will mean from next season we serve 3D highlights. Only team in league to have the technology.

Wonder if we will have anything like this

I would say that the new stadium will have all the latest cutting edge media technology
Much easier and cheaper to put it into a new build than incorporate it into an existing building

Even Spurs are struggling for naming rights last I read. It seems to be a buyers market.

I would assume the club would look to do it over a 10-20 year period but somewhere between £5-10m a year may be the ceiling.

That sort of figure wouldn't generate any euphoria in the boardroom but it all adds up. Lots to happen until that becomes a serious consideration in any case.

I'm more concerned about the club being able to secure both the council funding and and its own share through private sources.

Even Spurs are struggling for naming rights last I read. It seems to be a buyers market.

I would assume the club would look to do it over a 10-20 year period but somewhere between £5-10m a year may be the ceiling.

That sort of figure wouldn't generate any euphoria in the boardroom but it all adds up. Lots to happen until that becomes a serious consideration in any case.

I'm more concerned about the club being able to secure both the council funding and and its own share through private sources.
How many clubs have sold the naming rights for their training grounds
The naming rights will be sold and it’ll match anything in the PL

How many clubs have sold the naming rights for their training grounds
The naming rights will be sold and it’ll match anything in the PL

Let's hope so. You are right though if they are paying a 7 figure number for a training ground what would the exposure of a stadium be worth. If we end up with a deal that almost covers the repayments we have been very lucky indeed. Most un-Everton like.