New Everton Stadium Discussion

“The fan consultation and potential design implications of that, progressing forward with Liverpool City Council and progressing forward with other funding streams.”

Interesting. ‘Other funding streams’ I’m assuming is naming rights.

Let's hope so. You are right though if they are paying a 7 figure number for a training ground what would the exposure of a stadium be worth. If we end up with a deal that almost covers the repayments we have been very lucky indeed. Most un-Everton like.
Luck will have very little to do with it
It’s a plan
I’ve no idea what the plan is but I can guarantee you there’s a plan

Luck will have very little to do with it
It’s a plan
I’ve no idea what the plan is but I can guarantee you there’s a plan

Say we do get a a naming rights deal with which ever company for 20m a year, that will cover the cost which we will owe with interest to LCC (500m).
However it won't cover the cost for the extra funding prob about 300m

Say we do get a a naming rights deal with which ever company for 20m a year, that will cover the cost which we will owe with interest to LCC (500m).
However it won't cover the cost for the extra funding prob about 300m

Thats making the assumption the club will need to borrow any extra funding on top of the LCC loan......

I can't believe that they are still looking for fan input at this stage.

The feedback from the fans has been pretty clear:
Not a generic bowl
Close to the pitch
Big home end
Not too much corporate seating - prioiritise atmosphere
Incorporate Leitch pattern in some way
60,000 capacity.

The club and Dan Meis have both been indicating for quite a while that they have been taking this on board. As if a professional stadium designer is looking to get any more fan input that will change his designs. He announced that renders would be posted on his webite 'soon' back in September.

It has the feeling of a stalling tactic to me. Hopefully not. Can't wait to see the designs.

Not a generic bowl
Close to the pitch
Big home end
60,000 capacity.

The club and Dan Meis have both been indicating for quite a while that they have been taking this on board. As if a professional stadium designer is looking to get any more fan input that will change his designs. He announced that renders would be posted on his webite 'soon' back in September.

It has the feeling of a stalling tactic to me. Hopefully not. Can't wait to see the designs.

:Blink::Blink:
People who have seen the designs have confirmed it's a bowl

Not a generic bowl
Close to the pitch
Big home end
60,000 capacity.

Yeah that's what I get too. All of this no-news-so-let's-release-videos-stating-what-we've-already-told-the-fans-months-ago rubbish is a little grinding.

Not a generic bowl
Close to the pitch
Big home end
60,000 capacity.

It’s just a tick box excercise so they can say they’ve “consulted” the fans.

In reality what we thinks mean very little and the 99% completed stadium designs will be sitting on Dan’s computer right now waiting to be submitted.

Last edited: