Votes: 42 37.8%
  • No

Votes: 31 27.9%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 38 34.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Players have made comments on BBC web page about not being able to hide in training etc....

As SA has stats on their running capacity & distance during matches & training & also their passing & completed passes too....it means there is no argument if a player is not performing as Sa has the details in black & white.

This is good management & the players seem to be responding to the managers ways, they are shown their stats after every match & can see for themselves their performances...Tom Davies has been seeking advice on how to improve his performances recently & scores a goal on his return it all seems very positive to me....

What are your thoughts...
Thoughts are he is shocking manager regardless of what he does in training & ive genuinely never been less interested in football as now. The day he gets sacked is the day the fire in my belly kicks back in

Players have made comments on BBC web page about not being able to hide in training etc....

As SA has stats on their running capacity & distance during matches & training & also their passing & completed passes too....it means there is no argument if a player is not performing as Sa has the details in black & white.

This is good management & the players seem to be responding to the managers ways, they are shown their stats after every match & can see for themselves their performances...Tom Davies has been seeking advice on how to improve his performances recently & scores a goal on his return it all seems very positive to me....

He's been doing this since the Bolton days.

It's quite odd as to how he's often referred to as being a football "dinosaur", yet he's actually always been forward thinking in terms of the technology and methods he's embraced in the game.

As for Schneiderlin - you don't go from being as good as he to being rubbish just like that. He's having a bad season, but most players will be underperforming based on the upheavals in the team this season (three managers, of which Koeman seemed to want to be sacked, too many signings in the summer that aren't the sum parts of a team, etc.)

the highest spenders on sports stats analysis and other sports tech in US professional sports don't have a higher win ratio

good coaching improves your players and performance.
better players improve your win ratio
not stats

The players seem to be taking on board what big Sam is doing....

If the stats improve the players then it should improve the team & results should follow....

He must be picking the team based on training stats, and completely ignoring what happens in the actual games.

Only explanation for selecting the likes of Williams, Keane, Bolasie, Schneiderlin.

Thank God that Mori is back in the fold, and that the fans finally showed their displeasure in his continued use of Schneiderlin. Just need a better winger and then Bolasie can be banished too.

There are lies , damned lies and statistics.
Ultimately the only statistics that matter are those that appear in the Win , Lose and Draw columns and suffice it to say I’m currently very unimpressed.

Moyes brought ProZone into Everton and it's been there ever since.

Every manager has had access to the same data.

This is nothing new, why Jags is claiming this is new or different is bizarre. Seems to me like they've got the club captain out to push a line of Sam doing a good job.

He is obviously not using them properly though because Schneiderlin keeps getting a game.

Love stats, huge area of growth and the intelligent, well run clubs have their own massive in house teams of data scientists developing their own models.

We used to have the best set up around, set up by Moyes with (I think) someone called Dan Smith in charge, who left when Moyes did and is now at Man City.

However the idea that Sam is cutting edge in stats is simply not true anymore. He was 15 years ago but the world has moved on way past Wyscout and ProZone.

I’d love to see the ‘stats’ regarding Schnerderlin this season. E.g. distance covered, tackles made, interceptions, key passes. Sam obviously doesn’t look at his stats, with his continued selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.