2017/18 Davy Klaassen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody knows what goes on in training. Supporters can only speculate on what goes on in matches.

Schneiderlin has been so poor in the last few months but still makes the squad. Even if we'd loaned Klaassen in January I'd be wanting someone like Baningime to take Schneiderlin's place in the 18 at this point.

Even if Klaassen is struggling, surely giving him a go even from the bench ahead of Schneiderlin should be happening now? The whole situation stinks of the manager not having a clue what to do with him.

Unfortunately it fits a pattern of Dutch players not making it in the Prem of recent years.

Van Dyke is an obvious exception. Daly Blind is decent too. Van Arnholt is steady but been here a decade.

Van Wolfswinkel - deadly in Holland, scored one over here for Norwich. Against us, typically.

Leroy Fer - you could argue he's stuck around. He's also constantly getting relegated / fighting relegation.

Jordy Classie- tore up trees at Saints.

Martins Indi - my Stoke supporting friends would prefer Mangala.

Van is Parrra- Huddersfield, meh.

Propper- Brighton, meh.

Notable too that the Dutch National team is hideous too at the moment. The Belgians are streets ahead. Arguably just a fallow period for their national talent pool?

Unfortunately it fits a pattern of Dutch players not making it in the Prem of recent years.

Van Dyke is an obvious exception. Daly Blind is decent too. Van Arnholt is steady but been here a decade.

Van Wolfswinkel - deadly in Holland, scored one over here for Norwich. Against us, typically.

Leroy Fer - you could argue he's stuck around. He's also constantly getting relegated / fighting relegation.

Jordy Classie- tore up trees at Saints.

Martins Indi - my Stoke supporting friends would prefer Mangala.

Van is Parrra- Huddersfield, meh.

Propper- Brighton, meh.

Notable too that the Dutch National team is hideous too at the moment. The Belgians are streets ahead. Arguably just a fallow period for their national talent pool?
It has far more to do with the talent of the individuals than their nationality. It wasn’t long ago that Van Persie won Manu the league virtually single handed.

Is there any chance that the manager and the coaching staff know what they are doing with Klassen and we, including myself, haven't a clue as to whether Klassen is a. trying. b. fit. c. good enough? I imagine if Klassen passed the test of any 2 of those 3, he would be at least on the bench.
There are so many examples of managers getting it wrong in these situations. Niasse is an obvious one.

It has far more to do with the talent of the individuals than their nationality. It wasn’t long ago that Van Persie won Manu the league virtually single handed.

Well, yes and no. Of course individual players can outstrip their peers.

But what I'm getting at is that there is a well recognised problem that this current crop of Dutch players lacks the talent of previous generations (I e. Van Persie etc) http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...isis-proud-football-nation-has-brought-knees/

So is it any surprise the odds of buying quality amidst the current crop is low?

I think that cop out is just British modesty. Nobody likes to say it, as it looks like you've swallowed the Sky hype or you're some jingoistic flag waving Brexiteer, but when people say that they just mean this league is the best (and overall it is. easily.) and he's not quite good enough.

Also picking out a quality like 'physicality' sort of implies you've homed in a specific flaw when the reality is he just doesn't have the ability. Still think it might be a confidences issue. Either way he'd be a stand out star in the lower leagues and would be one of the better players in Italy, Germany and Spain imo.

We're 9th in the league having been roundly thrashed by pretty modest teams from those leagues. Not sure where this notion that the PL is any good comes form.

We're 9th in the league having been roundly thrashed by pretty modest teams from those leagues. Not sure where this notion that the PL is any good comes form.
5 teams in the last 16 of the champs league. Liverpool, City, united all likely to go through to quarters, spurs with a decent shot against Juve. Seems pretty good to me.

lol lol

5 teams in last 16 of CL

6th placed side out played top side in Italy. Other two went away and scored 9 without reply.

Arsenal rarely played anything resembling a full strength side and still topped their Europa league table.

We were pretty evenly matched against Lyon and better than Limassol. Atlanta results could've been better but we had many injuries and were struggling (still are) to integrate about ten new signings.

It's ok to admit we have the best league, I know the 'enlightened' thing to do is to run it down but nope, it's best. Easily.

lol lol

5 teams in last 16 of CL

6th placed side out played top side in Italy. Other two went away and scored 9 without reply.

Arsenal rarely played anything resembling a full strength side and still topped their Europa league table.

We were pretty evenly matched against Lyon and better than Limassol. Atlanta results could've been better but we had many injuries and were struggling (still are) to integrate about ten new signings.

It's ok to admit we have the best league, I know the 'enlightened' thing to do is to run it down but nope, it's best. Easily.

An alternative interpretation is that we've got a broader level of competition at the top of the league than other leagues. We've got 6 not poo teams and 14 poo teams.

We're essentially aiming to win the Prem poo team title by finishing 7th this year.

Awesome.

5 teams in the last 16 of the champs league. Liverpool, City, united all likely to go through to quarters, spurs with a decent shot against Juve. Seems pretty good to me.

lol lol

5 teams in last 16 of CL

Well firstly, we haven't had a finalist in the CL for 5 years, so the performance of English teams this year is going against the recent grain. During that time, La Liga has had 6 finalists, Serie A 2 and the Bundasliga 2.

Secondly, the top 6 are so far ahead of the rest that it's ridiculous. We've also had 5 finalists in the past 17 years of the Europa League, which is half the number La Liga has had.

So you'll have to forgive me if I think competing with a team from Cyprus counts as a tick in the Greatest League In the World column. We have been as awful as I think most of us here can remember this year and were utterly embarrassed in Europe, yet stand a good chance of finishing 7th. If 13 teams in a league are complete dog turd, that doesn't make the league great in my opinion.

Well firstly, we haven't had a finalist in the CL for 5 years, so the performance of English teams this year is going against the recent grain. During that time, La Liga has had 6 finalists, Serie A 2 and the Bundasliga 2.

Secondly, the top 6 are so far ahead of the rest that it's ridiculous. We've also had 5 finalists in the past 17 years of the Europa League, which is half the number La Liga has had.

So you'll have to forgive me if I think competing with a team from Cyprus counts as a tick in the Greatest League In the World column. We have been as awful as I think most of us here can remember this year and were utterly embarrassed in Europe, yet stand a good chance of finishing 7th. If 13 teams in a league are complete dog turd, that doesn't make the league great in my opinion.

Not sure anyone's ever said that. lol lol

WE've actually had 6 in the last 17, 7 in the last 18.

Which considering teams often don't take in that seriously is a fairly high return, especially as i think it'll be 8 in 19 by the end of May. Also Spain is the only country that has produced a higher number of finalists than England, everyone else is nowhere, including Germany (2) and Italy who have had zero finalists since 1999.

And talking of the top 6 in this country takes your argument to a place you should steer it away from. Most countries would kill for a top 6.

I dont think we are as bad as you think or others.

Yes, at times we have been awful, BUT, we have spent almost 300m in the last 18months, we have England and the top team in the Premiership eras record goalscorer in our squad.

We finished 7th last season, we are without question the 7th best team in the league.

So just cos we finish 7th in a bad season, it doesnt mean the rest of the league is bad, our mission wasnt to finish 7th, it was to challenge the top 6, so yes, its been a terrible, terrible season, but it doesnt mean there are 13 bad teams in the league, hell look at Swansea, dead and buried not long ago and now looking upwards.

City are running away with it this season, last season Chelsea ran away with it and the year before bloody Jamie Vardy, the league isnt as bad as people think, its the most watched league in the world cos ANYBODY can beat ANYBODY.

I dont think we are as bad as you think or others.

Yes, at times we have been awful, BUT, we have spent almost 300m in the last 18months, we have England and the top team in the Premiership eras record goalscorer in our squad.

We finished 7th last season, we are without question the 7th best team in the league.

So just cos we finish 7th in a bad season, it doesnt mean the rest of the league is bad, our mission wasnt to finish 7th, it was to challenge the top 6, so yes, its been a terrible, terrible season, but it doesnt mean there are 13 bad teams in the league, hell look at Swansea, dead and buried not long ago and now looking upwards.

City are running away with it this season, last season Chelsea ran away with it and the year before bloody Jamie Vardy, the league isnt as bad as people think, its the most watched league in the world cos ANYBODY can beat ANYBODY.

I'm not saying that the Premier League is rubbish, but I just find this notion that Klaasen, Sandro et al aren't good enough for little old Everton because the Premier League is on some other level to what they're used to. It's bonkers.

There are so many examples of managers getting it wrong in these situations. Niasse is an obvious one.
Klaasen has been ignored by Koeman, Unsworth and Allyrdyce.
Niasse by Koeman alone. I think when Niasse first came he was in a situation similar to Tosun at present.
Just not up to speed at that time for the premiership.
At his age and with what he has done in the premiership this season and with the way prices have gone silly Niasse probably has a value north of 25m at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.