January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres no actual point in signing a LB.

We have nothing to play for this season, I can see the reasoning behind not buying 1.

A couple of reasons why I think it is important MG

1. Let alone needing one now, we needed one last summer so this is now twice in the space of a couple of years where we have seemed incapable of finding/buying a striker and finding/buying a left back. That's some real fine negligence going on there whichever clueless bellend thought Baines was gonna last approx 50 games.

2. It burns the eyes watching Everton play football. There's no balance on that side and it's killing us. Ive even seen Jags go to left wing against Spurs at one point trying to cover Cucos lack of footballing ability/skills/brain/feet

3. Good old gravy boy is probably costing himself the Everton job long term because if I was in his position I'd be demanding a left back and a centre mid asap. He said his job would depend on results/performances which lets be honest have been abysmal and show no signs of improving.

In short, farewell Samuel, I'd love to say it was nice knowing you but it wasn't.

I was making the point that our manager has come out today and said that there is a shortage of available LB’s with the quality to play in the premier league. That’s complete and utter rubbish.

I take it you’re in agreement with him then.

I don't know, I'm not a scout. I think there's a genuine lack of quality all around the world in any position tbh. But Kyle walker is dog turd and probably the best right back in the league so it shouldn't be hard to find someone.

I think it was more of a lie to give martina a boost more than anything.

Nope, if I could request a refund on my ST for the rest of the season I would take it tomorrow.

And yes, ive stupidly already renewed for next season.

A couple of reasons why I think it is important MG

1. Let alone needing one now, we needed one last summer so this is now twice in the space of a couple of years where we have seemed incapable of finding/buying a striker and finding/buying a left back. That's some real fine negligence going on there whichever clueless bellend thought Baines was gonna last approx 50 games.

2. It burns the eyes watching Everton play football. There's no balance on that side and it's killing us. Ive even seen Jags go to left wing against Spurs at one point trying to cover Cucos lack of footballing ability/skills/brain/feet

3. Good old gravy boy is probably costing himself the Everton job long term because if I was in his position I'd be demanding a left back and a centre mid asap. He said his job would depend on results/performances which lets be honest have been abysmal and show no signs of improving.

In short, farewell Samuel, I'd love to say it was nice knowing you but it wasn't.

Well indeed, we could buy Messi at this point and we would still only be as strong as our weakest link, which is currently BOTH fullbacks.

Sams failure to address the LB issue will mean we will struggle for the rest of the season and thankfully end any hope that he will be retained at the seasons end.

Get to May, sack Gravy and useless Walsh and start afresh.

I don't know, I'm not a scout. I think there's a genuine lack of quality all around the world in any position tbh. But Kyle walker is dog turd and probably the best right back in the league so it shouldn't be hard to find someone.

I think it was more of a lie to give martina a boost more than anything.

When the benchmark for a quality LB is Cuco Martina then I would argue that there isn’t a shortage of quality to replace him. He’s absolutely dire and if Steve Walsh can’t identify a player of higher quality than him (even on loan) then he needs binning ASAP.

£25m for Lucas Moura and we spend £20m on Walcott??????????????

Lucas Moura doesn’t know what an Everton is so he wouldn’t sign for us.
As many others have pointed out it’s not FIFA
A) We have to want the player
B) His club must be willing to sell to us
C) The player must want to sign for us
D)The clubs must agree a fee
E) Everton and the player must agree terms
F) Player must pass Medical.

Us wanting or being able to afford a player is immaterial if the rest doesn’t line up

Lucas Moura doesn’t know what an Everton is so he wouldn’t sign for us.
As many others have pointed out it’s not FIFA
A) We have to want the player
B) His club must be willing to sell to us
C) The player must want to sign for us
D)The clubs must agree a fee
E) Everton and the player must agree terms
F) Player must pass Medical.

Us wanting or being able to afford a player is immaterial if the rest doesn’t line up

Again, as I said earlier, I wasn't saying we should go for him. It was purely numerical.

Nope, if I could request a refund on my ST for the rest of the season I would take it tomorrow.

And yes, ive stupidly already renewed for next season.

Well indeed, we could buy Messi at this point and we would still only be as strong as our weakest link, which is currently BOTH fullbacks.

Sams failure to address the LB issue will mean we will struggle for the rest of the season and thankfully end any hope that he will be retained at the seasons end.

Get to May, sack Gravy and useless Walsh and start afresh.

Allardayce will be binned because he’s only one type of manager. Not because of a left back.

We need to win another 4 games in the next 14, we can do that at a canter.

We can, but will we?

The problem is pressure - Fully expect Leicester to beat us on Wednesday, then it's Arsenal away - Then its 4 wins out of 12 needed and Palace at home - Which starts to look absolutely massive

Lose that and its Watford away and Burnley away - Then the squeaky bum really kicks in

Status
Not open for further replies.