Should we go for Silva?

Should we go for Silva?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to get rid of Allardyce tomorrow but we are stuck with him till the end of the season now due to very poor and desperate mismanagement from the board so Silva would be a no for me. I want the club to think big when this abysmal season is over and and appoint someone with a good record who has won things and can take the club forwards, not someone with a sacking and relegation over an 18 month period on his record.

...means he's doing well, at least.

I'd take that predicament right now.
I agree totally ,The question doesnt arise unless he actually wins something.
Would I take him ? I don't know but if Moshiri was prepared to pay £10 million 3 months ago I would be a bit concerned if he has a complete u turn now as it shows him up as someone who may not trust his own judgement.

It must be very tempting now for Moshiri to hire Silva for f.a. in the summer and use the cash saved from the Watford compo to get Allardyce and co out....that's if he's available. Southampton must be looking closely at him if they get rid of Pellegrino.

I'm surprised you're pushing this...managerial stability used to be seen as a positive thing about the club. It's a shame the money didn't come in until after Moyes had gone...might've helped a whole lot in this situation. We're on stilts right now and I'm just waiting for one of them to snap.

No. He's shown himself to be unprofessional and let speculation impact performances on the pitch.

"The chronology makes this case compelling. Watford were sixth and had only lost to Manchester City and Chelsea when Ronald Koeman was sacked by Everton on October 23. Noises from the dressing room reaffirm this theory; several players privately concede that they sensed Silva’s lack of commitment and lost focus. Some admit to asking Silva whether he would take them to Everton with him, shattering the team spirit and unity which, along with the more attacking style of football introduced by the Portuguese, had underpinned their outstanding start to the season."

All of that after only 9 games. The man is a mercenary.

Oh, I didn't know this.

I agree totally ,The question doesnt arise unless he actually wins something.
Would I take him ? I don't know but if Moshiri was prepared to pay £10 million 3 months ago I would be a bit concerned if he has a complete u turn now as it shows him up as someone who may not trust his own judgement.
Yes. If he's available in the summer and we dont dump this divvy Allardyce for Silva that's exactly what it would suggest.

I don't buy this "head was turned" stuff. Bit of new manager bump and he's got pretty similar goal difference before and after our approach, just luck whether the goals you score win points.
View attachment 43620
They have been also very unlucky with red cards and individual mistakes.

I'm just desperate to have a good manager who actually wants us to play football after the crud of the last two years.

I'm surprised you're pushing this...managerial stability used to be seen as a positive thing about the club. It's a shame the money didn't come in until after Moyes had gone...might've helped a whole lot in this situation. We're on stilts right now and I'm just waiting for one of them to snap.
Why stick with a busted flush?

Yes. If he's available in the summer and we dont dump this divvy Allardyce for Silva that's exactly what it would suggest.
Best handover for any new manager can wish for so sneak him in. But... reflecting on it we don't have the squad to play that type of football. I brick it every-time someone enters our half as it is. Sorry but it didn't work for mr brown shoes so can't see it working now.

You can only have managerial stability if you have the right manager. Spurs changed their manager lots until they signed Poch. Sticking with the wrong appointment also does damage. If this is the guy Moshiri wants then he should go get him. Walsh and Big Sam haven't shown anything to suggest they are the long term answer, in fact even without Silva the ironic cheers yesterday suggested their time was coming to a close.

Status
Not open for further replies.