Should we go for Silva?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LiamG

Player Valuation: £15m
Big Sam hasn't exactly got us playing sexy football. Should we change again or give it to the end of the season?

I think Sam has been brought it in purely to keep us up and will get a huge bonus for doing so. I can see him and us parting ways by mutual consent in the summer. The 18 month contract gives Moshiri the chance to take his time over the next appointment.

No. He's shown himself to be unprofessional and let speculation impact performances on the pitch.

"The chronology makes this case compelling. Watford were sixth and had only lost to Manchester City and Chelsea when Ronald Koeman was sacked by Everton on October 23. Noises from the dressing room reaffirm this theory; several players privately concede that they sensed Silva’s lack of commitment and lost focus. Some admit to asking Silva whether he would take them to Everton with him, shattering the team spirit and unity which, along with the more attacking style of football introduced by the Portuguese, had underpinned their outstanding start to the season."

All of that after only 9 games. The man is a mercenary.

I had to give myself time to answer my own question.

In the end I settled on yes.

Fire Sam, fire Walsh. Give Silva control. It won't make us look good but we are going nowhere under this regime. I know it's too early to judge Tosun but he looks another dud. Big Sam has had about 10 games and the football is awful barely registering shots.

Although I would perhaps considering leaving it to the summer if that's what Silva prefers.

Only two managers I'm interested in at this point is either Tuchel or Simeone, otherwise it's more of the same as far as I'm concerned. Apart from the way he likes his team to play, Silva's really not a long term answer and we need one.

Status
Not open for further replies.