General Meeting 09.01.2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before the season kicked of, most on here were concerned that we had no striker, 2 aging (finished) Centre Backs & an aging Left Back with no backup.

Were the board not sharing these concerns? The board failed monumentally. Results confirmed that. Did they learn though? Apparently not, otherwise we’d have had these crucial signings in the bag ready for the 1st January.

What’s the Latin for Mediocrity & Incompetence will do?

Before the season kicked of, most on here were concerned that we had no striker, 2 aging (finished) Centre Backs & an aging Left Back with no backup.

Were the board not sharing these concerns? The board failed monumentally. Results confirmed that. Did they learn though? Apparently not, otherwise we’d have had these crucial signings in the bag ready for the 1st January.

we still haven't learnt how to successfully over see a transfer window without completey ballsing it up.

not once have we had a successful window. not one .. ever

That's why I don't buy into the "it's all Koeman and Walsh's fault"should they take responsibility? Of course, should those above them also? Yes I think so.

I'd simply like an admission that the performance this season has been unacceptable. I'm not convinced the powers that be see this as failure.
I think we are back in the window of acceptable league position. What will worry the board most is the loss of value from the squad.

we still haven't learnt how to successfully over see a transfer window without completey ballsing it up.

not once have we had a successful window. not one .. ever

Agreed.

That's why I don't buy into the "it's all Koeman and Walsh's fault"should they take responsibility? Of course, should those above them also? Yes I think so.

Absolutely. The buck stops at the top.

You would think Koeman would have been big enough to force the issue. If I were Everton manager, I’d have been banging on the boardroom door daily & giving ultimatums. Begs the question, did Koeman care enough?

What absolutely baffles me is, in every company in the world has regular meetings. Daily 10 o’clock, weekly meetings, monthly meetings...... Do Everton FC Ltd actually conduct meetings? Who chairs them? What questions are asked? Do they assign actions to individuals & review them at the next meeting??? You know, like any business with a turnover over £100k does....

We need major surgery. Kenwright & his cronies need to be gone.

And now The chief executive will give a briefing to answer the concerns of about 20 non match going forum dwellers who are experts in football management, player recruitment and football finance.

Agreed.

Absolutely. The buck stops at the top.

You would think Koeman would have been big enough to force the issue. If I were Everton manager, I’d have been banging on the boardroom door daily & giving ultimatums. Begs the question, did Koeman care enough?

What absolutely baffles me is, in every company in the world has regular meetings. Daily 10 o’clock, weekly meetings, monthly meetings...... Do Everton FC Ltd actually conduct meetings? Who chairs them? What questions are asked? Do they assign actions to individuals & review them at the next meeting??? You know, like any business with a turnover over £100k does....

We need major surgery. Kenwright & his cronies need to be gone.

I don't think allardyce would be one to mince his words regards issues raised here ^^

he might actually get in Moshiri's ear, perhaps suggesting that elstone and co are not up to it, IF he thinks the same as us. for all we know he might be shaking his head at the way we operate behind the scenes and Moshiri might actually listen to him.

The pure fact kenwright wasn't there at goodison along side allardyce and moshiri when he was unveiled is actually quite telling.

to totally ignore any fluff that gets spouted at the AGM.

it will be all smoke and mirrors and everything is rosy

Well maybe it wouldn't be all so rosy and nice and easy if the right questions were asked. Also most AGM's are all fluff with very little substance, but at least we are getting them again. We need more information about the ground and it would be damned nice to see a design of it as well.

I think most has been covered by Andy and earlier posts.

I honestly don't think we'll get decent answers simply because it's Kenwright & Elstone. It'll be happy clappy , it was a tough start but we're turning it around etc etc.

Hopefully someone is able to ask some pertinent questions though.

• Who is responsible for the state of the joke that is the communications department? Fan engagement is at an all time low and when it happens it's a joke because it's usually via Jim White who has no official affiliation with Everton Football Club.
  • What does Steve Walsh actually do? Like what is his typical day? Is the job title of 'Director of Football' suitable, from what I can see he is not actually providing any direction to the footballing strategy of Everton.
  • What went wrong in the summer? The manager publicly demanded a striker and left sided defender and the club & Steve Walsh surly failed at that.
  • Is selling the likes of Barkley, Lukaku, Stones, Deulofeu the vision that Moshiri thinks will stop Everton from being a museum?

Status
Not open for further replies.