Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Sunday 10th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Sam will have a plan he’ll keep it compact and no way will he leave your defence exposed

For what it’s worth can see him going like this in midfield and attack wise

Schneiderlin
Gana Rooney
Lennon Sigurdsson
Calvert-Lewin

Be quite a lot of times when you’ll have 10 men behind the ball expect a park the bus keep it tight first 45/60mins then try and hit them on the break

Thinking of going to my local to watch the game live but I also live in fear that I will witness us being slaughtered. Could never stand to watch us lose. A bit of time yet to decide. It will be on Sky I suppose.

I'm not seeing apprehension here, I'm seeing capitulation even before a ball is kicked. And the opposite of that isn't 'giving it large', it's having a bit of dignity and allowing for the real possibility that a team that's recently kept two clean sheets and seemingly turned a corner defensively is coming up against a team that have tripped up against worst sides than us in the recent past and are way off the quality of the very best of the PL themselves - especially defensively.

Fans dreading the derby and wanting it over are contributory factors in the loser mindset our players take with them onto the pitch. An easy get out clause to just fold when the going gets tough: expected outcome - thus its ok to leave empty handed.
Mate. It's not the fans who need this pep talk. It's the players. Don't think the fans are frightened of Liverpool. We're just sick of the being disappointed when our team doesn't turn up every time we play them. What your seeing from fans is not fear. It's self preservation. We go into the game with low expectations then we're not too upset when that's what we get.

The players are a different matter completely. I think on the whole they are frightened, especially the older more experienced players who are just a gang of bottlers if you want my opinion.

On a different matter Dave, if we approach the game with a very defensive attitude, getting 8/9 players behind the ball and denying them room out wide and in behind, that's pretty much carbon copy of the tactics used by Koeman when we play a top side. I would expect the same level of criticism from you in that case, regardless of the result.

Big Sam will have a plan he’ll keep it compact and no way will he leave your defence exposed

For what it’s worth can see him going like this in midfield and attack wise

Schneiderlin
Gana Rooney
Lennon Sigurdsson
Calvert-Lewin

Be quite a lot of times when you’ll have 10 men behind the ball expect a park the bus keep it tight first 45/60mins then try and hit them on the break

No chance on earth he plays Schneiderlin mate, he's one of the few 'first teamers' whose gonna be starting in Cyprus. Davies is nailed on to start this

This could be called off if the predicted weather is anything like true.

Either way it's to our advantage: rearranged fixture allows us to get Allardyce bedded in more and his defensive system and sees them past their purple patch; it goes ahead and any disruption to usual playing standards like a hard pitch or snow showers and it might affect their game more than ours. If you're favourite, you want perfect conditions with nothing to intervene and complicate matters.

Short version of the above: Jesus loves Everton.

Either way it's to our advantage: rearranged fixture allows us to get Allardyce bedded in more and his defensive system and sees them past their purple patch; it goes ahead and any disruption to usual playing standards like a hard pitch or snow showers and it might affect their game more than ours. If you're favourite, you want perfect conditions with nothing to intervene and complicate matters.

That combined with a mole infestation leaving craters all over the park would greatly increase our chances mate

That combined with a mole infestation leaving craters all over the park would greatly increase our chances mate

I'd like this to go ahead now though. There'll be a sense of after the Lord Mayor's parade for them after last nights game.

I think there's something there for us.

Mate. It's not the fans who need this pep talk. It's the players. Don't think the fans are frightened of Liverpool. We're just sick of the being disappointed when our team doesn't turn up every time we play them. What your seeing from fans is not fear. It's self preservation. We go into the game with low expectations then we're not too upset when that's what we get.

The players are a different matter completely. I think on the whole they are frightened, especially the older more experienced players who are just a gang of bottlers if you want my opinion.

On a different matter Dave, if we approach the game with a very defensive attitude, getting 8/9 players behind the ball and denying them room out wide and in behind, that's pretty much carbon copy of the tactics used by Koeman when we play a top side. I would expect the same level of criticism from you in that case, regardless of the result.
Re-read this thread.

I'd like this to go ahead now though. There'll be a sense of after the Lord Mayor's parade for them after last nights game.

I think there's something there for us.

Half their fans and probably half the players too are looking past us to the CL draw on Monday as the big thing.

Attacking them is the worst thing we could do, they are just too quick on the counter attack and we'll be exposed.

What we can do however is really frustrate them - and believe or not Mane and Salah aren't the best footballers in the world. IF we don't give them room for their pace to exploit us they may find it more difficult than they thought.

Set up with a deep flat back 4 and the 3 midfield lads to sit very deep too.

Have some type out outlet up top, just incase we can break. Just absolutely bore them to death.

If it was me I'd go

something like

Jagielka Keane Williams Kenny
Gueye Davies Rooney
Lennon Sigurdsson
Niasse.

Thinking of going to my local to watch the game live but I also live in fear that I will witness us being slaughtered. Could never stand to watch us lose. A bit of time yet to decide. It will be on Sky I suppose.

Don't do it mate!!!

Head for the hill's with no access to any digital devices for at least 2 hours.

I wished he loved us enough to win a trophy now and again?. Plus my recollection of our form over the festive period is ropey at best. Jesus could love Everton just a little bit more IMOlol

Status
Not open for further replies.