Poll: Sam Allardyce - yes or no?

Should Big Sam be appointed as Everton's next permenant manager?

• Yes

Votes: 263 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 736 66.5%
  • Cheese on toast lid

Votes: 48 4.3%
  • Allardyce for the rest of the season with Rhino as No.2

Votes: 60 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
25% want Allardyce!!! Being linked with him makes me shiver.

If we want to waste the next 18 months - fine. If he is appointed it’ll say everything we need to know about Moshiri.

Don’t do it. Prefer Pulis, prefer Moyes.

It’ll not only be a footballing disaster but we’ll simply be another desperate and cowardly organisation. Not a club - not a team.

We need a manager to move us forward. Sometimes that means that we do not progress uniformly but we move ahead.

It’s been rubbish under Koeman but in 2-3 years time we may be able to say that this period (not Koeman) was the making of Kenny, DCL, Davies, Vlasic and Lookman.

There is a foundation to work with. 18 months of Allardyce we’ll be no better and we’ll have sold our footballing souls.

Think he's been judged harshly throughout his career when his coaching methods and preparation actually put him in the category of visionary.

Welcome Sam.

let's hope it doesn't come to that, Khal.

Out of interest who do you want for the job?

Good question, Doc.

I am not one of these fellows who keeps an eye on up and coming managers or even established managers in foreign leagues.

Everyone keeps mentioning Tuchel but I know little or nowt about him.

But of those managers I do know off, both home and abroad, I am a great admirer of Simeone’s work at Atletico Madrid and I reckon he might be worth approaching.

But one thing I do know.

Allardyce being appointed would be the death knell for this club’s historic standing in this country.

Although we have won nowt in donkey’s years, we are still relevant and respected through our sheer longevity in the top flight.

Appointing Allardyce will be the start of a slippery slope which will start with us finally becoming a club like Baggies, Barcodes, Stoke, Saints etc. and move on by replicating the yo yo existence these clubs experience up and down the divisions for the rest of my lifetime.

And beyond an Allardyce appointment, because he will be fired after 15 months or so, what bottom feeders will be up for the job next time?

We will be well on the Pardew, Coleman, Pulis circuit at that stage

I have an awful dread hanging over me now, Doc :(

Status
Not open for further replies.