Poll: Sam Allardyce - yes or no?

Should Big Sam be appointed as Everton's next permenant manager?

• Yes

Votes: 263 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 736 66.5%
  • Cheese on toast lid

Votes: 48 4.3%
  • Allardyce for the rest of the season with Rhino as No.2

Votes: 60 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Honestly, rather than bring in Allardyce now, you may as well give Unsworth another three or four games, because we're not even confirmed to be in a relegation battle now thanks to that win.

If Allardyce is simply a fire fighter, why not hold out to see if there's a fire to fight? Even if we give Unsworth another four games, that'd leave 23 games for Allardyce to get to 40 points. Bare in mind we've been as bad as it's humanly possible to be and we've still got 11 points, then it's still unlikely to me to see us in a real struggle in March, especially after you have to imagine we'll invest in fresh blood in January.

Just don't see the benefit of bringing Allardyce in right now given the drawbacks he has - he quite literally sends the message to the footballing world that we're finished in terms of ambition and we're delighted to be alongside the West Broms of this world in terms of prestige. Sure, that's a price worth paying for survival at all costs, but it's the "at all costs" part I don't think we're at yet.

Seriously, if he was given the job by Moshri there is a possibility of poll tax demonstrations. Not good. YouTube Trafalga Square.

I remember him serving up some decent football when he had decent teams with Bolton and West Ham. The West H side he had with Downing playing at ten was actually quite good to watch.

Look the football under Koeman was horrific but no one cared when we were winning, the football under Martinez from that Palace game onwards was just as bad. We’re judging the likes of Allardyce and Dyche before they’ve even kicked s ball with us. Who knows with more resources what they might produce? If he can muster up a derby win I don’t really care how he does it.

Status
Not open for further replies.