David Unsworth - Temporary Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of Unsy’s strengths has been his ability to meld together a team that’s hard to beat even when key players are not available, so he will need that tonight with arguably our best defence of Seamus, Keane, Jags, Baines , missing. In both his games so far he’s tweaked at half time to produce a better second half, but bottom line is we’ve lost both games. I don’t hold out much for a result tonight , but he needs to be showing that there is light at the end of the tunnel and he can get a team performing well and in a way that we are hard to beat. Then we move onto Sunday where expectations will be higher. It’s one match at a time for me at the moment, and as yet I don’t believe we are in a desperate position requiring a short term fix.

Our away form has been abysmal so a defeat is on the cards tonight....

Home game against Watford is a must win for Unsy, even then I think it may be too much for him.

Bring back the Moyessiah.... Cos in Moyes we trust onwards & Upwards...

..I suspect the search for a new manager will ramp up during the international break.
I would be shocked if we don't make the appointment during then. Although I think he should be given more time.

When the alternatives are Dyche and Big Sam then I think we should give him as long as he can plus I first want to see him put out a side with a mixture of new and old players. Hopefully tonight's game will tell him which are up for the fight.

I would be shocked if we don't make the appointment during then. Although I think he should be given more time.

When the alternatives are Dyche and Big Sam then I think we should give him as long as he can plus I first want to see him put out a side with a mixture of new and old players. Hopefully tonight's game will tell him which are up for the fight.

..i’d be surprised if contact hasn’t been made with the representatives of many managers. The international break seems an obvious time to consider those that are interested.

As bad as Koeman was (& I wanted him gone long ago), we definitely should have lined up a replacement to come straight in.

Unsie makes some very strange choices!

He genuinely reminds me of someone playing Football Manager, not knowing what tactic to go with and trying mad things out in the hope something clicks.

Hasn't got a prayer of the job now you would think. Selecting Lennon every game is the most baffling decision of the lot.

He genuinely reminds me of someone playing Football Manager, not knowing what tactic to go with and trying mad things out in the hope something clicks.

Hasn't got a prayer of the job now you would think. Selecting Lennon every game is the most baffling decision of the lot.
This bothers me a lot. Nothing against Lennon, but he is the worst of the options to me out wide. Mirallas and Niksi are our biggest threats as well, and neither have started. I was hoping that Kevin would be where Siggy is now or behind DCL/Niasse with Vlasic and Lookman as the wingers.
I guess what I am saying is I want pace in the middle.

Agreed. Lookman has shown more in that 45 than Lennon & Mirallas in 2 games. At least he binned off the Belgian fanny, but should have been playing Vlasic too.

This “false nine” bollox is beyond a joke.

This bothers me a lot. Nothing against Lennon, but he is the worst of the options to me out wide. Mirallas and Niksi are our biggest threats as well, and neither have started. I was hoping that Kevin would be where Siggy is now or behind DCL/Niasse with Vlasic and Lookman as the wingers.
I guess what I am saying is I want pace in the middle.

lennon has been better than mirallas so far imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.