David Unsworth - Temporary Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should get a couple of home games (premier league) to see what he is made of. Fingers crossed he gets a result, otherwise it's like those Top Gear challenges where there is a back up car, ours just happens to have Dyche, Fat Sam and Davey Moyes sitting in it waiting for their opportunity. :Blink:

In fairness to him its not really a good time to get anything over to the squad , its basically play a game , train one day travel play, not much chance to get a squad to change the way its been playing.
Don't honestly think he has been in with a chance of the job, only way I think he stands a chance if somebody like Moyes was to come in to advise him for a bit as an assistant.

Came in to say this.

You don't lose 3 in a row and expect to get the job (or any job).

Bit harsh when all those games are away from home, one to last seasons champions, another to the previous year's champions (with extra new manager bounce) and what would be Lyon tonight if that does happen. We didn't pull up trees away when we were swotting teams at home in that Jan to March purple patch.

He should get 2 home games to see where he is at. If he doesn't get results there then we know once and for all he isn't up to the job and that will stop his name being touted around in future.

Bit harsh when all those games are away from home, one to last seasons champions, another to the previous year's champions (with extra new manager bounce) and what would be Lyon tonight if that does happen. We didn't pull up trees away when we were swotting teams at home in that Jan to March purple patch.

He should get 2 home games to see where he is at. If he doesn't get results there then we know once and for all he isn't up to the job and that will stop his name being touted around in future.

Nah, Unsy's time is up. Wrong man at the wrong time

I hope for his sake that he never actually believed for a second that this was anything other than him doing a job until the club brought in a proven manager.

Can’t believe there are Everton fans who would have us do it! Utter madness.

I’d love to see him build a real production line in the u23, but if he really wants to job, he needs to go build his experience in the championship, then with a lower EPL side.

With the sort of money & aspirations we’ve allegedly now got, we shouldn’t be looking at anyone who hasn’t proved themselves in a top league.

As much as I realise that Unsy is not the man for the job at this time, 2 wins and huge wave of confidence will firmly put him high in my estimation.

If he puts us in a place where Moyes, Big Sam and Sean Paul are not on the radar he will have my eternal gratitude.

I guess he will need to move out of the club into management proper if he wants the job somewhere down the line. To the loss of our youth and U23's and possibly to the gain of a competitor long term if he comes good and we have hitched ourselves to a different manager. Or he may flop irrevocably, but I am sure he will be welcomed back to his current permanent position either with us or another high profile rival team.

Nah, Unsy's time is up. Wrong man at the wrong time
Think he needed to get a result in one of the first two games to turn Mosh's head. Can't see us getting anything tonight either. We don't have enough pace in the team to cope with Lyon in front of their own fans.

I personally feel a bit sorry for Unsy. He was always going to be up against it with those first 3 very difficult games away from home, and I have seen an improvement in the second half of both games. But he has made far too many errors in his player selection which directly resulted in giving cheap goals away, and if I'm honest, he couldn't afford to make ANY mistakes if he were to have any chance of even having his temporary position extended until Christmas.

I think he'll have up until the Watford game and will then be replaced during the International break. I also think Unsy will return to his U23 role, possibly until the end of the season, but he'll have his agent out there throwing his name about to the lower division clubs. I can't see him still being with the club this time next year sadly.

Yes - particularly when the past manager has not won away from home in the prem since last January!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.