Poll: Sam Allardyce - yes or no?

Should Big Sam be appointed as Everton's next permenant manager?

• Yes

Votes: 263 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 736 66.5%
  • Cheese on toast lid

Votes: 48 4.3%
  • Allardyce for the rest of the season with Rhino as No.2

Votes: 60 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allegedly Joey, BFS told the Palace board after one week at Selhurst Park that nothing would change for six weeks, but that they would stay up.
Nothing did change for those first six weeks/games, but they did stay up.
He might coach ugly football, but he tends to be effective.
His talk of analysing of strengths and weaknesses is important, with BFS you don't get too many square pegs trying to fit into round holes, he highlights what's needed and what's not and coaches the players accordingly.
He would still need a magic wand and hoof ball with our squad - alledgedly!

I can imagine him doing this again when Lovren rolls about 15 times

giphy.gif

I think Unsy should at least be given a string of 4-6 games. Chelsea away showed a huge improvement, but I think the big problem he has is how does he shore up a defense that has been criminally under-coached for the past 4-5 years? They look woeful in positional awareness, they don't know how to maintain depth and all across we look like panicking as soon as someone hits a long ball against us.

Keane looks like a deer in headlights when he gets the ball under any sort of pressure, Williams has more brainfarts than I would think possible, Holgate looks so short of confidence he puts himself in the weakest of positions, Kenny is nothing like what he's been in the u23s. Baines is caught out of position more often than not..

We have the following games (next 9 games):

Lyon away
Watford home
palace away
atalanta home
southampton away
west ham home
huddersfield home
apollon limassol away
rs away

If unsworth stays in charge a very good chance we will go down. The team he picked yesterday was poor.
Rooney is going to get us relegated and needs to be dropped. But will he get dropped?

Losing Gareth Barry was such a big mistake (also not buying a striker).

It is not the case unsworth is an evertonian and let him have a chance at being manager. He will not save us.

Big SAM can save us - just hope Farhad makes the right call now.

We have the following games (next 9 games):

Lyon away
Watford home
palace away
atalanta home
southampton away
west ham home
huddersfield home
apollon limassol away
rs away

If unsworth stays in charge a very good chance we will go down. The team he picked yesterday was poor.
Rooney is going to get us relegated and needs to be dropped. But will he get dropped?

Losing Gareth Barry was such a big mistake (also not buying a striker).

It is not the case unsworth is an evertonian and let him have a chance at being manager. He will not save us.

Big SAM can save us - just hope Farhad makes the right call now.
Regarding Barry. WBA had a 100% record when he joined, they've not won a league game since he got there. He is too slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.