Poll: Sam Allardyce - yes or no?

Should Big Sam be appointed as Everton's next permenant manager?

• Yes

Votes: 263 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 736 66.5%
  • Cheese on toast lid

Votes: 48 4.3%
  • Allardyce for the rest of the season with Rhino as No.2

Votes: 60 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only answer now is Yes for Big SAM - our premier league status is in danger.
He would sort the defense out and get us to Jan 18 to buy what we need to stay up.

Give big SAM the chance until the end of the season.

Then in the summer we just get a manager we want.

First six Games at palace were a disaster, but he pulled them around then walked away on pay off!
Unsys had two away games - but it ain't looking good with the squad we have!

I think Unsy should at least be given a string of 4-6 games. Chelsea away showed a huge improvement, but I think the big problem he has is how does he shore up a defense that has been criminally under-coached for the past 4-5 years? They look woeful in positional awareness, they don't know how to maintain depth and all across we look like panicking as soon as someone hits a long ball against us.

Keane looks like a deer in headlights when he gets the ball under any sort of pressure, Williams has more brainfarts than I would think possible, Holgate looks so short of confidence he puts himself in the weakest of positions, Kenny is nothing like what he's been in the u23s. Baines is caught out of position more often than not..

The despair when I hear fellow blues cheering for fat Sam..... It is not a crises yet. If we had 10 games to go and were in the bottom 3 it would be a crisis then.

Lighten up, smile, cheer the team on and stop the panic.

I think Unsy should at least be given a string of 4-6 games. Chelsea away showed a huge improvement, but I think the big problem he has is how does he shore up a defense that has been criminally under-coached for the past 4-5 years? They look woeful in positional awareness, they don't know how to maintain depth and all across we look like panicking as soon as someone hits a long ball against us.

Keane looks like a deer in headlights when he gets the ball under any sort of pressure, Williams has more brainfarts than I would think possible, Holgate looks so short of confidence he puts himself in the weakest of positions, Kenny is nothing like what he's been in the u23s. Baines is caught out of position more often than not..
the situation will be unrecoverable in 6 games time mate.

Short term, I would have him, it’s better than getting relegated.

But, and this is the problem Sam has at most of his clubs, long term fans want to see more football being played. He often comes in to a club and gets them into the premier league or saves them from relegation by “playing the percentages”, being “organised”, but being a bit “hoofy”. Then when he has done that and the team are safe, the board and the fans want him to get the team to play like Barcelona and it just doesn’t work. That’s not what Sam does.

First six Games at palace were a disaster, but he pulled them around then walked away on pay off!
Unsys had two away games - but it ain't looking good with the squad we have!

Allegedly Joey, BFS told the Palace board after one week at Selhurst Park that nothing would change for six weeks, but that they would stay up.
Nothing did change for those first six weeks/games, but they did stay up.
He might coach ugly football, but he tends to be effective.
His talk of analysing of strengths and weaknesses is important, with BFS you don't get too many square pegs trying to fit into round holes, he highlights what's needed and what's not and coaches the players accordingly.

the situation will be unrecoverable in 6 games time mate.
No it won't. We are only in the relegation zone by goal difference and we have played everyone in the top 6.

Plus we couldn't be playing worse. - I think.

The good thing about relegation fights. Unlike races for European positions instead of every team around you winning the ones around us will keep losing.

Allegedly Joey, BFS told the Palace board after one week at Selhurst Park that nothing would change for six weeks, but that they would stay up.
Nothing did change for those first six weeks/games, but they did stay up.
He might coach ugly football, but he tends to be effective.
His talk of analysing of strengths and weaknesses is important, with BFS you don't get too many square pegs trying to fit into round holes, he highlights what's needed and what's not and coaches the players accordingly.
He's like the Gareth Barry of managers. You know what you're gonna get and it's gonna be 7/10 most games, mostly unspectacular, playing to strengths and very rarely letting anyone down.

Status
Not open for further replies.