Everton are small time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Sissoko is a great player. But when I bought into Everton, I made it clear I was proud to join a family. And we don’t turn our backs on our own. James McCarthy is part of the Everton family” - Farhad Moshiri
Stinks of sentimental Kenwright era Everton.
Cant believe this, Kenwright does brilliantly held his nerve and brought a millionaire to the club and all the Kenwright haters go quiet. It alls goes wrong on the pitch and they use this to hammer Kenwright! Joke!

INTERESTING FACT the following teams have all won a major trophy since Everton last managed it in 1995: Leicester(3), Portsmouth, Wigan, a villa, Blackburn, Middlesbrough, Birmingham, Swansea. The following teams have all reached a major cup final compared to Everton's solitary appearance (2009) since 1995: Middlesbrough(4), a villa(4), Leicester(3), Portsmouth(2), Wigan(2), Cardiff(2), Newcastle(2), birmingham(2), Southampton(2), c palace, Hull c, stoke c, millwall, Blackburn, Swansea, Leeds, Bolton, bradford city, Sunderland, Tranmere.

That's why we're regarded as just another Bournemouth or Crystal Palace by players under the age of 30.

Exactly
We are living in the past and thinking ourselves something we are not
It’s like the British empire
It existed and was world wide in its day
Now it’s Gibraltar and the Falklands
To most other fans and clubs we are a mid table club who have done nothing to show we are a big club

Great analogy, but in fairness to Britaind at least in terms of GDP it's still in the top 5 - we're 18th! And Britain is taking longer than us to get out of Europe!

You are unbelievably insightful, bordering on the physic! The man has only given one pre match interview and one post match interview and you have in Bill Kenwrights pocket.
What I saw last night with his team was man who wasn't scared to make big decisions and go with his beliefs. I don't know if it will work out but I wish him well.
And I wish him well too but I think he wants the job too much and is not the right man for the job

A bit like Moyes who in fairness was a decent manager for us.
Unsworth is more or less saying give me the job and I won’t rattle cages and call Kenwright out over transfers like Koeman did
I’ll use the kids even if they are not good enough and say we are promoting youth and looking after our own.
We need a ruthless Bar steward with no connection to the club who will gut the squad and get in players who will give 100%
They may look on us as a stepping stone but if we succeed they may stay.
The day of a clubman staying his whole career with one club are over.
We only have to look at 2 players in our own squad to see that

Aye, lad.

Cant believe this, Kenwright does brilliantly held his nerve and brought a millionaire to the club and all the Kenwright haters go quiet. It alls goes wrong on the pitch and they use this to hammer Kenwright! Joke!
I don't think that's particularly true though mate. There are enough people who despise Bill and have been willing to say it for years. I, personally, think he did a great job of keeping us up in the top flight and giving us David Moyes who was wonderful for a bit, but in the end he's happy to settle for mediocrity. NO Blue, not one, should be happy to settle.

I think that’s not strictly true, I have huge admiration for Bill for what he did for the club and relative success in our recent history.

The game has changed now though, it’s a Bill led board and the board have made massive mistakes with the resources on offer in the last few years.

I feel we have one foot in the future and the other in the past at boardroom level. There always needs to be accountability, in a way Koeman is a smokescreen the board has been dysfunctional or poor for the last two seasons with larger resources.

And it worked for the first season
The lack of a CF and a CB messed that up this season
Would Koeman have bought 4 No 10s if he thought it meant he didn’t get a CF and a CB , I doubt it.
But still he must take his share of the blame but Kenwright is to my mind the main culprit to blame for the mess this once great club is in
I kinda disagree...it's all on him.. Any manager with balls or a plan would have bided their time, wait for the next window. Buying players because you have the money is wasteful and insulting to fans that have waited so long to see such investment. Kenwright can be blamed for giving him a job but that where it ends.
There are tonnes of strikers and defenders he could have bought, his obsession with big names was the problem. I think a Josh King would have been a better investment than Rooney, Gylfi, Sandro or (Giroud).. Then again it takes a manager with a plan to make such a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.