Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On reflection, yeah if he arrived then why not, he tends to over perform with his squads, knows the league and Europe very well - and tends to do well in Europe to boot, gets his players working their arses off or they won't be playing (which is something we need), personal level can't stand him, but thats down to comments he's made when the rs manager, and lets face it - the reality of the small club thing was right in the way we have acted for 30 years ultimately. In fact Koeman last season basically said the same without saying it the same way with his comments about Lukaku moving on etc - but no one kicked up a fuss at the time about it really.

Plus point, we would find out very very quickly if the club is backing the mangers with him in charge as he has never been one to cover a boards arse on lies

The small club comment obviously was an annoyance but lets be honest had any EFC manager said similar about that shower they'd be lauded. He lives on Mersyside so knows full well we're not a small club and also how intrinsically woven into the local fabric we are.

After reflecting on it, even if we get a new manager we're still going to have that ceiling above us

It's becoming ever clearer to me that if we ever want to have success again then we're going to need to build a great side from within, because we'll never be able to buy one. The other clubs above us just have too much money, and Moshiri sadly doesn't appear to be the answer to that particular conundrum. Sell to buy is still in effect. It's very hard to build a winning team on that, and it's amazing Moyes did as well with it as he did for all those years

We need a manager with a long term plan, one which doesn't include spending money. We just can't compete that way

That's why someone like Ancelotti wouldn't want the gig, his hands would be tied before he even started

The big benefit to canning Koeman would be that we could give it Unsworth and he'd probably get the players playing to their levels in their correct positions. That would at least keep our heads above the water. Then, if a forward thinking manager with a plan was available in the summer, we could look at signing them up whilst Unsworth went back to the U23's for more seasoning

But sadly there's little but hard graft, anguish and disappointment ahead I fear, at the very least until the stadium gets sorted. Moshiri might sell us to someone with actual money to spend at that stage. Until that happens though, it's 7th at best for the forseeable, and that's before Newcastle get sold. If someone with a clue picks them up then that'll be another team who'll push on instead of us

Without trying to go completely Zat here we aren't in a position to attract fully developed top players and we are going farther away from that so at this point we should look to bring in younger guys and develop them. To do that we need a committed long term manager and Koeman and all those mentioned won't be that. Unsworth would be but is he ready? I'd like to find out but if not where do you go from there. It's a tricky situation but regardless the manager needs to play Tom Davies FFS

So you want long term success but trophies don't matter? I'd say, like most opinions regarding Benitez, there's a fair degree of inconsistency.

We want trophies, but not a trophy winning manager.

We want an experienced and successful manager, but not if he's managed Liverpool.

We should move now to get Ancelloti, but shouldn't even consider Benitez who has a comparable record.

Yes

I bet they have a go at getting Tuchel in. Imagine they get him and we're stuck with Koemoyes.

I'd be astounded if Tuchel went to Leicester. There is still a good chance that Bayern will want him next season, I think he'll wait till he knows one way or the other with that job.

Now watch him sign :p But really, I'd be frankly amazed if he'd take that, he's got ambitions much higher than Leicester and their trigger happy owners.

I'd be astounded if Tuchel went to Leicester. There is still a good chance that Bayern will want him next season, I think he'll wait till he knows one way or the other with that job.

Now watch him sign :p But really, I'd be frankly amazed if he'd take that, he's got ambitions much higher than Leicester and their trigger happy owners.
Probably. But if Everton do have ambition and backing to go along with that massive managerial salary then I believe Tuchel would come here. He's not long since managed Mainz. He did well at Dortmund, but I dont think one of Europe's elite will be in for him just yet. Everton would be ideal for him.

Without trying to go completely Zat here we aren't in a position to attract fully developed top players and we are going farther away from that so at this point we should look to bring in younger guys and develop them. To do that we need a committed long term manager and Koeman and all those mentioned won't be that. Unsworth would be but is he ready? I'd like to find out but if not where do you go from there. It's a tricky situation but regardless the manager needs to play Tom Davies FFS

They've already brought in more than a half dozen young players, that strategy will stay at least as long as Walsh stays regardless of the manager

They are laughing about it now. However if he came here and did ok it would leave them very split. I don't want Benitez and think he is overrated (massively so by Kopites and Geordies) but for the pure humour of seeing hem have to adjust what they think if he does well would go some way to counter balance that. Can you imagine if Benitez won a trophy before Klopp? He's a proper odious excuse for a human being as well (as anyone who has met him will attest) and will say all sorts of things to wind them up if he came here.

I want Everton to be successful, which we wouldn't be under Benitez. But I'd fancy us to win a derby against Klopp and wind Kopites up, so not a bad second place.

The irony of this statement in bold given that you've already said you hate Rafael but would have him as our manager is totally lost on you.
So who would have to adjust their opinion. Just RS fans?
I find that post quite sad and, in your opinion, you haven't got our best interests at heart. You have 'one upmanship' at heart. This isn't a trivial thing we're talking about, it's not a player, its the Manager of our Club, the most important job at the Club and you are more concerned about 'one upmanship'.

Tuechel is apparently holding out for a "top" PL side, so I guess that means Arsenal or Chelsea

Probably. But if Everton do have ambition and backing to go along with that massive managerial salary then I believe Tuchel would come here. He's not long since managed Mainz. He did well at Dortmund, but I dont think one of Europe's elite will be in for him just yet. Everton would be ideal for him.

I don't dismiss the idea at all that he could go to Everton, it certainly would make far more sense than Leicester! But I do think that he has a good chance at the Bayern job depending on how Julian Nagelsmann gets on this season. If Bayern think it's too soon for him, then Tuchel would make sense for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.