Tony Cottee on TalkSport

Status
Not open for further replies.
He scored both our goals in a win at OT the day Gigg made his debut for them.

And he scored two in a Goodison Derby one day.

Come to think of it, he bagged a brace in the 4-4.

:(

I’m not saying he didn’t mate , not swinging the lamp but I don’t think I missed a game Home or away for about 8/10 years then so I was there for every goal he scored I reckon . I’m just saying that was the perception of the fella as I recall it. I certainly remember the 4-4 goals with some particular glee. Let’s face it lukaku scored against arsenal , Liverpool , city and Chelsea but didn’t score in big games apparently.

Edit : in my defence I am now in my late 40’s and also pretty punchy, so If im wrong don’t hate on me .

The downturn in form came before the negativity of the fans so nope Cottee is wrong. The fact is that there hasn't been a single game this season where the team and manager have put in a full 90 minute professional, competent and passionate shift and so even the most loyalist and forgiving of paying supporters are going to get fed up with that in the end. If that changed, then the negativity would change too. The supporters start off every game getting behind the team but when the performance and management is dross, patience wears thin and negativity is inevitable.

So even though it may have the appearance of being partially down to the negative attitude of the fans, in reality it is not. Give the paying supporters something to be proud of and cheer each game and the negativity will turn to positivity regardless of the result of the games.

That's how i see it anyways.

A few things I’ve learned from this thread today:

- People don’t fact check and just fly off the handle instead

- People love to hate things. Any excuse for a sweaty rant, eh?

- Tony Cottee is sound

How do I know all this, I hear you cry? Because I made it up. Cottee did ring TalkSport but he didn’t mention the fans at all. Did he fk.

Cheers lads. It’s been thoroughly enjoyable.x

A few things I’ve learned from this thread today:

- People don’t fact check and just fly off the handle instead

- People love to hate things. Any excuse for a sweaty rant, eh?

- Tony Cottee is sound

How do I know all this, I hear you cry? Because I made it up. Cottee did ring TalkSport but he didn’t mention the fans at all. Did he fk.

Cheers lads. It’s been thoroughly enjoyable.x
You’ve proven a fantastic point. The arrogance amongst plenty of our fans.

Check back and see how much abuse Cottee got for stuff he didn’t say. So easy to shout abuse without self accountability eh.

Hope some of you are having a lightbulb moment right now.

It’s YOU.

Nonsense imo. Koeman either hasn't got a plan or the players aren't capable of putting it into effect. Early doors he stated he wanted us to press high up the pitch which never happens. Too many signings not ready for the first team and loads of dead wood still in the squad.

You know what the sad thing is? Not a single person abusing Cottee questioned the credibility of this thread.

Poor old Tone.
Just looked up Cottee on wiki.
I remember being at his debut and thinking we were back. Sake.
Didn't win much as a player and only 52 years old.
Used to proper flash the cash when at Everton I've heard a few times.
Take him or leave him as a pundit.

Status
Not open for further replies.