Tony Cottee on TalkSport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't stay on topic Joe when Cottee has been robbing my posts and spouting them over TalkSport.

Indeed.

And this is an increasing phenomenon.

In the past decade I have not read an Everton related article from a print journalist, nor heard a pundit on the electronic media, which could not have been copied and pasted (with a few grammatical and spelling corrections) directly from our forum.

How often have we had the debate on here about the crowd atmosphere?

This is just darned lazy journalism and blatant plagiarism into the bargain.

Sue the bugger, Connor :mad:

The onus is more on the players to get the fans on side, especially in moments like these.

That said I hope on Thursday night the crowd get right behind the team, even if we go a goal down. It's now a massive, must win game for us.

Like i said, we used to have class and dignity.
In the old days did Blues fee free to voice their opinion, with having to throw in pre-cursors like this.
I usually sit on the fence, picking my fights.

But, I'm coming out the shadows and saying this lad has it all.

See my earlier posts in this thread. A lot of people on here slated Harry Kane as a youth, DCL is at that age. Its upto him how good he will be.

I think he will prove a lot of people wrong.

It's a shame you feel that way about your fellow forum members that you're scored to have an opinion.

The onus is more on the players to get the fans on side, especially in moments like these.

That said I hope on Thursday night the crowd get right behind the team, even if we go a goal down. It's now a massive, must win game for us.

Every match we play MUST be a massive must win game surely? I can't see us getting up for this game.

Every match we play MUST be a massive must win game surely? I can't see us getting up for this game.

There's a difference between losing/drawing a league game and having over 2/3 of the season to put things right as opposed to a European game which if you lose then you're almost certainly out.

Who is Cottee blaming for the 14 away games without a win? The illuminati? Reptilians? The management and the players are responsible for the results, no matter what nonsense Farhad is briefing the Murdoch press with.

Was just on there this morning saying that the downturn in form could be partially down the the negative attitude of the fans. What do we reckon to that? I reckon there could be some truth in it.
He is right in a way if he is saying partly, the Goodison crowd at times is more like the visitors 12th man then supporters of Everton.
I recall Hull coming to Goodison few years ago, The manager even said after the game the tactic was to keep Everton out for 30 minutes and wait for the crowd to turn on the players, which they did and we did.
Fans seem to think good number equals good support, ive seen visiting teams half fill the Lower Bullens and offer better support then Everton. As for the whoppers in the Park End who point to the empty upper away section thinking it means the away support is crap, clueless, probably the same ones who sit in silence and abuse our players.
Tony is spot on, the numbers are there yes but the support isn't

I'll never accept that as an excuse for the team performing poorly. Yes we're a difficult and moody fanbase but how on Earth is anyone supposed to get up during games when we're being forced to watch such pathetic performances from players on huge wages.

It was just like when Martinez was here, people wondering why the atmosphere was so bad when the football was the most boring and repetitive ever seen at Goodison. Evertonians respond to high tempo play, it's not rocket science. Start playing that way, show the supporters that the players on the pitch are actually having a right good go, and we'll roar them on.

Watching everyone stand still off the ball, passing backwards and never having a shot is bound to kill enthusiasm.

In the old days did Blues fee free to voice their opinion, with having to throw in pre-cursors like this.

It's a shame you feel that way about your fellow forum members that you're scored to have an opinion.

Don't think wishing career ending injuries on former players is an opinion if I'm being honest.

At the end of the day, it's someones brother, son, partner etc.... its just a game of football in the end.

Don't think wishing career ending injuries on former players is an opinion if I'm being honest.

At the end of the day, it's someones brother, son, partner etc.... its just a game of football in the end.
I think I was sort of agreeing with you, it's a shame that as a modern day fan and a prominent member of this forum that even now you were worried about expressing a view on a very promising young footballer. Sad times.

Status
Not open for further replies.