Tony Cottee on TalkSport

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what the sad thing is? Not a single person abusing Cottee questioned the credibility of this thread.

Poor old Tone.

Not all of us abused Cottee and to be honest, the main thing that i have learned is that it would probably be better to just avoid your threads in the future as they have the potential to be misleading, dishonest, baiting and a wind up. I certainly dont have the time or desire to go fact checking all of your OP's before posting on them anyway.

But then thats just me. ;)

A few things I’ve learned from this thread today:

- People don’t fact check and just fly off the handle instead

- People love to hate things. Any excuse for a sweaty rant, eh?

- Tony Cottee is sound

How do I know all this, I hear you cry? Because I made it up. Cottee did ring TalkSport but he didn’t mention the fans at all. Did he fk.

Cheers lads. It’s been thoroughly enjoyable.x
Just to confirm - you made up a story about Tony Cottee having a dig at the fans to support an argument that you have been proposing for some time. Your fellow blues took your word for it that you heard what you stated you heard. The same people that disagreed with your prior arguments disagreed with the made up (by you) Tony Cottee arguments. You are awesome and everyone else is a bad blert.

Have I got that right?

Just to confirm - you made up a story about Tony Cottee having a dig at the fans to support an argument that you have been proposing for some time. Your fellow blues took your word for it that you heard what you stated you heard. The same people that disagreed with your prior arguments disagreed with the made up (by you) Tony Cottee arguments. You are awesome and everyone else is a bad blert.

Have I got that right?
I’m just lovin lyf windy mate.

Speaking of fan behaviour...

Was anybody else at Brighton sat near a shouty idiotic 14yo who didn't shut up the whole game with calling players shyte or a waste of money or repeating loudly whatever the generic fan criticism of said player was. "Youre shyte you are Gana" Or when not doing that was shouting the most basic instructions out of football fan school. "Play it forwaaaaard"

The most bizarre part was amongst the constant stream of abuse at all the players he would respond to any mistake by DCL by shouting "well in Dom, good effort" or "good commitment".

I looked around a few times to see if his grandad seemed bothered by it, but nope, it all seemed normal to him.

Then in the row behind there was a young lad of around 20 with a curly mop of hair, with his embarrassed missus, who kicked off after their goal until the pen was scored. He basically repeated the same sentences over and over and kicked the chair for a good few minutes. I was worried for his missus!

"You're a fraud, a fkn fraud"
"150mil for this shyte"
"Fk right off ye Dutch [Poor language removed]"
"Paying good money week in and week out for this shyte. Fk off"

This was on a constant loop between the two goals with him shouting louder and louder.

People talk about fans having passion but for me the above were your stereotype attention seeker and serious life frustration/anger issues.

I don't know if it was noticed but when the Brighton fans sang Sacked in the morning the away fans joined in. Unfortunately he didn't get sacked in the morning. They should have sung it better.

I’m just lovin lyf windy mate.
tenor.gif

Was anybody else at Brighton sat near a shouty idiotic 14yo who didn't shut up the whole game with calling players shyte or a waste of money or repeating loudly whatever the generic fan criticism of said player was. "Youre shyte you are Gana" Or when not doing that was shouting the most basic instructions out of football fan school. "Play it forwaaaaard"

The most bizarre part was amongst the constant stream of abuse at all the players he would respond to any mistake by DCL by shouting "well in Dom, good effort" or "good commitment".

I looked around a few times to see if his grandad seemed bothered by it, but nope, it all seemed normal to him.

Then in the row behind there was a young lad of around 20 with a curly mop of hair, with his embarrassed missus, who kicked off after their goal until the pen was scored. He basically repeated the same sentences over and over and kicked the chair for a good few minutes. I was worried for his missus!

"150mil for this shyte"

This was on a constant loop between the two goals with him shouting louder and louder.

People talk about fans having passion but for me the above were your stereotype attention seeker and serious life frustration/anger issues.

I don't know if it was noticed but when the Brighton fans sang Sacked in the morning the away fans joined in. Unfortunately he didn't get sacked in the morning. They should have sung it better.
You can blame Kevin for coming onto the field and Rooney for scoring the penalty. He was so close to getting sacked I could taste it.

but but but if we sang everton for 90 minutes we would have won some trophies, at anfield and other big away days, and in general not be a team of pathetic bottlers
I will always believe that the fans are influenced by the team. Unless you have the southern fans for a day filling your stands, the home crowd would get behind the team more if the team genuinely looked like it gave a damn and the club appeared to be running to ensure success every year.

When you get side ways passing, strikers on the wing , no-one up front, getting hammered consecutively, no shots on goal consecutively, nothing changing, the club releasing statements basically not caring about getting defeat etc. That is when you get a fan base turning up every week (and they still turn up btw), not lifted at all to get behind the team. What are they meant to cheer for exactly? There's no excitement, nothing to get them going.

"150mil for this shyte"

Those pesky Ket Wigs get everywhere.

Did you spot him doing wheelies outside the ground after the match ?

"150mil for this shyte"

It's the old saying if the punter pays to travel , and pay to watch he can voice his opinion as long it is not to abusive!

"150mil for this shyte"

haha these idiots amuse me, can imagine they think they are clued up about football and good blues because they get down to Brighton for 1.30 on a Sunday, then they act like that, seen it so many times

Those pesky Ket Wigs get everywhere.

Did you spot him doing wheelies outside the ground after the match ?
I explained to my mrs about the ket wiggers and where the name comes from a while back.
It was far easier to point a few lids out at the game however and it made perfect sense once seen in the flesh.

I explained to my mrs about the ket wiggers and where the name comes from a while back.
It was far easier to point a few lids out at the game however and it made perfect sense once seen in the flesh.

I'm surprised you actually saw any in the crowd to point out to your missus, they're normally propped up against a wall in the gents bogs, with a crowd of smoke above their " yoof " perms lol

Status
Not open for further replies.