Tony Cottee on TalkSport

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many overly defensive people here. Again he said it’s PART of the problem, yet you all scream like there’s no other factors at all. Guilty consciences?

Well, have a word with the OP about that.

It was he whom opened a thread specifically to highlight that “part” of Cottee’s comments and invited us to discuss it.

And we have obliged him.

Thank you ;)

Don't think wishing career ending injuries on former players is an opinion if I'm being honest.

At the end of the day, it's someones brother, son, partner etc.... its just a game of football in the end.

I think I was sort of agreeing with you, it's a shame that as a modern day fan and a prominent member of this forum that even now you were worried about expressing a view on a very promising young footballer. Sad times.

tenor.gif

Not sure you can expect a set of fans to be enthusiastic when over the past 15 years

1. Won nothing with a manager in 11 years, spent very little nothing at one point, fail to win away at any decent club in 11 years and not be arsed at anfield. Run by a chairman who fails to generate any cash for the manager despite numerous opportunities.

2. Have a manager who decides defending doesn't matter at all and watch the team leak goals, gets hammered at anfield more than once.

3. Have a manager who plays the exact same team in the same system with the same tactics after 200 million pound spent despite not winning with said tactics. New owner expects the team to lose basically so writes off results as a result.

We should be over the moon with that eh.

As usual I see fellow blues hitting out at the critic rather than evaluating their own behaviour. So the damaging toxic behaviour will continue and our beloved Everton will suffer for it.

If you pay for a match ticket it doesn’t mean you are beyond reproach or accountability. They’re humans in that shirt. Abusing them is likely never going to work. They’re playing for you against the opposition yet they have self entitled mouth breathers calling for heads and their own formation and player selection to be installed.

There’s an element of you worse than geordies. That’s what Cottee is saying. And unless the non geordies amongst our fanbase rise up and hold them accountable then our fate is that of Newcastle. We’re already half way there with screams for a local ex player with no experience to replace an incumbent manager by October and 22 winless years.

Absolutely convinced the number of season ticket holders doesn't help.

What is it? 9 in every 10 seats sold before the season starts...

I'm one of them.

I'm one of them.

Interesting point this, a lot of those who turn up week in week out seem bored of it, and even before the game kicks off are ready for the borefest, maybe those who only go 3 or 4 games a season are more likely to be up for the match but they cant get tickets.
It certainly could be a reason why the Park End is so bad since its all season ticket holders

Interesting point this, a lot of those who turn up week in week out seem bored of it, and even before the game kicks off are ready for the borefest, maybe those who only go 3 or 4 games a season are more likely to be up for the match but they cant get tickets.
It certainly could be a reason why the Park End is so bad since its all season ticket holders
Park End>Lower Gwladys clearly man.

If you pay for a match ticket it doesn’t mean you are beyond reproach or accountability.
Are you trying to say that if I want to racially/verbally abuse a player that I can be held accountable for this? What about throwing coins/flares?

No?

Well I'll be damned.

At least I can still call Gerard Houlier a peadophile and call any player who shirks a tackle a useless gay - that won't have any adverse effect on them...

What? Are you telling me I'll be held accountable for that as well?

But I pay good money for the privilege to act like a massive bellend!

This country has gone to pot.

I'm one of them.
The club are in a tricky position on this point. On the one hand maximising early season revenue through season ticket sales is a sensible business decision and gives a greater level of certainty in terms of turnover, on the other hand it starves the club of new, and possibly more enthusiastic, match going supporters. It also potentially let's the rot set in earlier amongst the long term season ticket holders who have become jaded by "Everton that" syndrome.

It's another strong argument for building a newer, bigger stadium where we could get a broader blend of supporter types.

Not sure you can expect a set of fans to be enthusiastic when over the past 15 years

1. Won nothing with a manager in 11 years, spent very little nothing at one point, fail to win away at any decent club in 11 years and not be arsed at anfield. Run by a chairman who fails to generate any cash for the manager despite numerous opportunities.

2. Have a manager who decides defending doesn't matter at all and watch the team leak goals, gets hammered at anfield more than once.

3. Have a manager who plays the exact same team in the same system with the same tactics after 200 million pound spent despite not winning with said tactics. New owner expects the team to lose basically so writes off results as a result.

We should be over the moon with that eh.

but but but if we sang everton for 90 minutes we would have won some trophies, at anfield and other big away days, and in general not be a team of pathetic bottlers

As usual I see fellow blues hitting out at the critic rather than evaluating their own behaviour. So the damaging toxic behaviour will continue and our beloved Everton will suffer for it.

If you pay for a match ticket it doesn’t mean you are beyond reproach or accountability. They’re humans in that shirt. Abusing them is likely never going to work. They’re playing for you against the opposition yet they have self entitled mouth breathers calling for heads and their own formation and player selection to be installed.

There’s an element of you worse than geordies. That’s what Cottee is saying. And unless the non geordies amongst our fanbase rise up and hold them accountable then our fate is that of Newcastle. We’re already half way there with screams for a local ex player with no experience to replace an incumbent manager by October and 22 winless years.

I tried it many tines about Lukaku and git into debates/arguments about it.. they just follow and can't see it from a different view point. I don't think they can be stopped sadly. Its getting worse and worse

Status
Not open for further replies.