Everton 0-1 Burnley... Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another poor performance but at this point I've got to just lay it all at the feet of Koeman. Why Schneids and Gana again? Figured one of them should've sat for Davies from the start. And Kenny needed to be in there for Cuco.

And I'm spreading the blame all around for not getting a striker but if Gylfi was Koeman's man and not Walsh's, then Koeman needs to go. Gylfi is a fine player for us, but he's started absolute trash. That has to be up to his lack of a preseason at the very least. The fee and the amount of time and energy put into signing him when striker and a left-sided defender were more pressing needs is absolutely horrific.

The worst part of today is that fir the first twenty minutes it was very enjoyable and great entertainment.

We were playing good, flowing football and could have been two goals to the good.

But the moment Burnley scored you just saw the life drain out the team.

The worst part of today is that fir the first twenty minutes it was very enjoyable and great entertainment.

We were playing good, flowing football and could have been two goals to the good.

But the moment Burnley scored you just saw the life drain out the team.
There was absolutely no response, once they scored - None! If I was an Everton director watching that I would be calling a meeting to arrange sacking the guy.

First game for me this season and wishing I hadn't gone. Honestly expected to see the team come out all fired up with a point to prove which they did........ for all of about 20 mins.
Once Burnley scored the fight just went right out of the team. Schneiderlein and Williams should not even make the bench, the former cant make a long pass and only passes sideways or backwards. Williams just cant seem to clear his lines.
I really dont want to jump on the 'out' wagon but have to say that if Ancelotti was receptive to coming here......Mosh is gonna meet you in the Taxi Ronnie lad.
Quite sad atm at what is happening to our club.
COYB

Where do you even start? Only positive for me was Vlasic. The only player who can hold his head high after that shambolic display from the Blues. At least he turned up and gave it his best. Pickford needs to work on his kicking. Martina has to be the worst full back I have ever seen in an Everton jersey; the sooner Coleman is back the better. Or at least keep Holgate there at RB and gain some experience. Gutted to have to say this cos I love the guy, but I think Baines is holding us back big time. Needs competition in that left back position. I know he's not getting a lot of support down the left wing but that's not an excuse for me. Shadow of a player he was only 2 seasons ago. Williams = mentally 100% gone and a liability. Another mess up could have led to them going 2-0 up just before HT and Burnley's number 11 handled him with ease all afternoon. Schneiderlin very poor today as he has been all season so far. Would prefer to see Davies and Gueye start together, instead. DCL very poor as well...won a header here and there but was hardly in the game. Niasse could do with working on taking defenders on. Just needs to demand the ball more from his teammates. Koeman = utterly clueless. Normally I'm all for sticking up for whoever is the manager but I'll admit; getting increasingly worried about him. Doesn't really seem to show any disappointment/frustration/passion whatsoever after these poor run of results.

Pickford
Holgate Keane Jags Baines
Gueye
Vlasic Davies Lookman
Niasse DCL

Would like to see Koema try this line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.