Who's To Blame

Who's To Blame For Our Failure To Land A Replacement For Lukaku?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunderland is not a yardstick. They should be smashed out of sight.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating but it looks horrible.

My point is, domestically we've played four games this season, three of which against Man City, Chelsea, and Spurs, two of those away from home. Sunderland is not a yardstick, however for balance to see just where we are at, we'll be in a better place to judge in a months' time after games against "lower tier" teams as well as teams in the top six.

Spurs made us look very average last weekend but tonight they also made a very good Borussia Dortmund team look average. Perspective.

It is obvious the manager had Giroud as choices 1,2 and 3. He waited around too long for the player to eventually turn him down and sensibly they decided not to sign a striker simply for the sake of it.

My concern is that Giroud was choices 1, 2 and 3. I think there is a reason he was just a squad player at Arsenal.

It is obvious the manager had Giroud as choices 1,2 and 3. He waited around too long for the player to eventually turn him down and sensibly they decided not to sign a striker simply for the sake of it.

My concern is that Giroud was choices 1, 2 and 3. I think there is a reason he was just a squad player at Arsenal.

How is that obvious? Are you part of the management at Everton FC? You're just guessing like everyone else in this thread.
I don't see how attributing blame to someone when none of us know the upper goings-on at the club is fair in the least.

My point is, domestically we've played four games this season, three of which against Man City, Chelsea, and Spurs, two of those away from home. Sunderland is not a yardstick, however for balance to see just where we are at, we'll be in a better place to judge in a months' time after games against "lower tier" teams as well as teams in the top six.

Spurs made us look very average last weekend but tonight they also made a very good Borussia Dortmund team look average. Perspective.
Why is your point solely "domestically"? We've played 8 competitive matches, two against Championship level competition and one against league 1 level competition and we've looked pretty woeful against them as well.

The perspective is that the gap to the top sides looks greater than ever yet I do think that Everton are a striker off being a good side

Unknown unknowns? ;)

image.jpg

Astonished Koeman is getting more blame than Moshiri in this poll. Are you all mad? He publicly stated what he needed and had no say in how transfers are conducted.

Indeed, Moshiri is in last place. Again, are you all mad?

People are (understandably) forgiving of Mr Moshiri because it looks like he is about to build us a world-class 61,878 all-seater.

If the stadium falls through, though, he'll be castigated.

We fans are partially to blame for building Mr Moshiri up to be something he never was.

He is financially astute and he has great business acumen, but some blues seemed to be under the misapprehension that he was going to bankroll us Abramovich-esque.

He hasn't even got as much money as the majority shareholder of Stoke City, Sir Peter Coates.

We fans are partially to blame for building Mr Moshiri up to be something he never was.

He is financially astute and he has great business acumen, but some blues seemed to be under the misapprehension that he was going to bankroll us Abramovich-esque.

He hasn't even got as much money as the majority shareholder of Stoke City, Sir Peter Coates.

Status
Not open for further replies.