Who's To Blame

Who's To Blame For Our Failure To Land A Replacement For Lukaku?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Koeman has done himself no favours whatsoever by pointing out that other than Lukaku, Everton where toothless up front last season. The goals needed to be spread around and a different approach was required with other players chipping it.

4 league games - 6 shots on target.
Only 2 goals scored by an aging Manchester United Cast off.

A Damning indictment.

Koeman has done himself no favours whatsoever by pointing out that other than Lukaku, Everton where toothless up front last season. The goals needed to be spread around and a different approach was required with other players chipping it.

4 league games - 6 shots on target.
Only 2 goals scored by an aging Manchester United Cast off.

A Damning indictment.

To be fair, our shots on target against Man City away, Chelsea away, and Spurs at home last season wasn't spectacular either: 2, 0, and 6 in that order. And that was with an established attacking group of players (Lukaku, Barkley, Mirallas, Deulofeu) with Bolasie the only new player.

Give it a month; if we're still complaining about football that would put an insomniac to sleep in the October international break, and after having played "softer" games such as Sunderland and Bournemouth at home, then I'd be more worried.

To be fair, our shots on target against Man City away, Chelsea away, and Spurs at home last season wasn't spectacular either: 2, 0, and 6 in that order. And that was with an established attacking group of players (Lukaku, Barkley, Mirallas, Deulofeu) with Bolasie the only new player.

Give it a month; if we're still complaining about football that would put an insomniac to sleep in the October international break, and after having played "softer" games such as Sunderland and Bournemouth at home, then I'd be more worried.

but this season one of the games came against stoke at home, whom we had 21 shots against last season with 9 on target

Here's how I think it goes down (or should - but what do I, or any of us really know)

The ultimate - The Buck Stops Here Blame-ee; Moshiri, he of the 49.9%, should have all these 'big' decisions coming across his desk

But I think he's delegated too much to Bill and Bob the flowerpot men, which makes a total of 3 potential joint. 1st tier blame-ees.

2nd tier blame-ees; Initially it must be Koeman, followed by Walsh...but without knowing their job description / division of areas or responsibilities and budget restrictions it's hard to apportion blame.

But they've both been around the block enough (as have Moshiri, Kenwright, Elstone.) to know that in the footy business...any business, if you can, you replace before move on.

But as Rumsfeld stated:

'Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones.'

Pickford Keane, Gana and maybe Sandro 'seem' to be Walsh picks / find me the best for value for money.

Klassens, Sigurdson and Morgan 'seem' to be Koeman's picks

Rooney; Kenwright all day long.

Credit goes up but blame usually always goes down...if things don't get better, it's Koeman's head first on the block, not Walsh.

IMG_4708.JPG

Sunderland is not a yardstick. They should be smashed out of sight.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating but it looks horrible.

Sunderland is not a yardstick. They should be smashed out of sight.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating but it looks horrible.

Plus we are liable to play a second string versus Sunderland.

And so will they.

And they are more shot shy than us this season.

No, a victory over Sunderland, welcome as it would be, will prove nowt in the greater scheme of things.

He 100% wasnt mate

Maybe that he is absolutely nothing like what we would like up front would be a give-away about that

he could very well and hopefully does turn into a cracking buy, but no chance on earth he was deemed roms replacement

If he's nothing like what we would like up front, which is your opinion not a fact, why does the manager refer to him as a striker and a number 9, which is the shirt number he gave him. He was also played primarily as a striker at Malaga.

Koeman says we would like another striker, referring to Sandro. I'm not sure how people can argue with the managers own statements, it's there in black and white.

“When Sandro came on, Wayne Rooney had more freedom and we had pace up front which made the team better,” said Koeman.

“We know that we would like another striker – you normally need two number nines in the squad. I am really confident we can bring in a good one.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...romelu-lukaku-manchester-united-a7864066.html

Status
Not open for further replies.