Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing changes, biased commentary, Unbelievable deflection, penalty awarded. The cheating maggot (Saddo Mane) rolling
around like Suarez, not realising the ref had waved play on, only to have an amazing recovery and run after the ball, RS
supporters must be proud of their boys. I wouldn't listen to Adolf Klopps spin on the game.

The lethargy and lack of purpose that we go through a lot of games with absolutely baffles me. I thought that was going to be confined to the latter stages of Martinez' reign when it was clear the bulk of the squad wanted him out.

Last Saturday had a lot of parallels with the 3-0 home defeat by Arsenal 18 months ago. How do they collectively go out to play with so little energy and so much fear? The away game at Arsenal was terrible as well last season, players absolutely not bothered with a man advantage.

Even with so many changes, I don't get it. I can get players needing to "gel" but as many others have said, effort and attitude are very basic prerequisites.

There are mitigating circumstances but there always are at Everton. I'm sick of us getting through 90 minutes barely mustering an attempt at goal and offering nothing of note in an attacking sense. Already this season that has happened much too often.

This can't be explained by the newness of everything. Either too many players have no faith in the way we are set up or there are one too many lazy bad eggs in the squad.

Ultimately I think its the former and Koeman must sort this. Horrendously inept and boring performances are at his door. Woeful away form, pathetic against the top six by and large. If the RS lost three on the bounce, there would be crisis headlines in the press. Sadly for us, the bar is set much lower. I don't want the season to be a write off barely after its begun.

Nothing changes, biased commentary, Unbelievable deflection, penalty awarded. The cheating maggot (Saddo Mane) rolling
around like Suarez, not realising the ref had waved play on, only to have an amazing recovery and run after the ball, RS
supporters must be proud of their boys. I wouldn't listen to Adolf Klopps spin on the game.

Reported, off topic

Im putting myself through the pain of watching liverpool v seville. Forgetting about the football skill and style. The speed,work rate,effort, intensity, will to win the game is the total opposite to what i see in our current team and set up. They seem to press with hugh effort as a team. We seem to do a half effort as individuals. Allowing crosses in etc etc. Needs to sort the intensity off the ball out. Did this lad not learn from the mistakes martinez made. He will get lynched at goodison if this lack of intensity continues.

Yes, I have to grudgingly say they are a pleasure to watch in the couple games I have watched them play this season :(

it already is, first English team to lose in Europe this season is......... you already know the answer, Koeman proved at Valencia he is not a good manager why he was even recruited is beyond me, if this guy is allowed to continue christ knows where we will be by Christmas.
If he proved that at Valencia, what did he prove at Southampton?

That good recruitment from a competent board and utilizing an already existing system he can s stumle on to something resembling a "winning team".
Ah right.
So what was the recruitment like at Valencia? Were there any mitigating circumstances for his failure? Having the right players is important of course, as you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.