The Farhad Moshiri interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got no probs with him doing the interview. Why would I?

I have a problem with our manager identifying two critical positions and the hopeless board not delivering.

He said the 'board know'

Sell Ross for 35m and the net spend is 5/6m.

Beginning to look like moshiri isn't the great savior at all. A more improved version of bill kenwright.

But if we sold Barkley then maybe we would have brought somebody else in?

I wish Moshiri never came here, mainly because I am sick of people acting like we should spend billions.

We have spent a fair bit and added a sizable amount to the wage bill. A striker would have been nice of course it would have been (technically we brought 3 in but whatever....) but maybe the ones we wanted just did not want to come here or their clubs didn't want to sell. You cant just keep going down the list until you find someone who is available, that's how you end up with players who don't fit in.

That was his Martinez interview moment for me, the one where you say to yourself"I hope we don't hear him ever again" especially talking to that tit Jim White.

The other thing is, why did he have to do the interview, surely the club could have just put out a statement on the Barkley situation.

Because he is mates with Jim White. Doing his mate a favour.

I didn't see anything wrong with it. I would have preferred it to take place after the window had shut as opposed to with twenty minutes to go but whatever.

Sounded like an owner of a mid table club to me. Where did all his ambition go?

An accountant was about to do his job by balancing the sheet via selling both Barkley and Niasse. The evidence is here to show we are indeed sell to buy. Two summer windows in a row...ok the club is more well off than having BK as the main man but still...

He loves the spotlight like BK and JW now becomes the mouthpiece of the club. Gonna hate this term "reconsidering our position" in January there is nothing to reconsider if you don't spend.

FM now pushes the ball back to Koeman by saying this is his squad but that do not hide the facts that the board failed to back the manager 100 per cent. Where are the main striker and the centre-back? If you want the manager does his job property, there shall be proper backing not having 2 mid height strikers and a skinny kid to lead the line. Feel sorry for Koeman.

Because he is mates with Jim White. Doing his mate a favour.

I didn't see anything wrong with it. I would have preferred it to take place after the window had shut as opposed to with twenty minutes to go but whatever.
It was cringeworthy.

Going on in the first place was stupid, we have official club channels which can be used in a controlled way if you want to put a message out. Being unable to remember the name of our latest signing was embarrassing. Seemingly being caught out by the whole Barkley question made him seem uncertain, as did saying we would reconsider our options in January. Reeling off all the earlier signings and not mentioning the fact we had clearly tried and failed to do business yesterday was a clear attempt at fudging the situation. He was pushed into saying we were aiming for top 6, he hesitated before committing but couldn't really say anything else because of the situation he'd put himself in.

If he had to go on, he should have just said we think we've had a good window, we would have liked the cherry on the cake but it wasn't to be, we're confident in the squad we've got. Any questions about Barkley should have been shut down.

I'm not one who's going to call him a fraud or say he should spend billions, but his public utterances since he came have been absolutely shocking. My mate works in PR with very high level clients, he text me last night to say the interview was an absolute carcrash and he would never have allowed a client of his to do that. Says it all for me.

My take on this guy is he saw an opportunity to make a few bob by buying a poorly run club for a very reasonable price with some big playing assets. He bought Koeman in because he has shown that he could do well selling to buy with Southampton and also ticks the box as a big name. If he succeeds in getting the new ground sorted out then he can pocket the rest of the shares and sell the club on in the short term and make a big profit. Small risk big financial gain. The rest of the stuff about the project etc was bullshit for the fans.

It was cringeworthy.

Going on in the first place was stupid, we have official club channels which can be used in a controlled way if you want to put a message out. Being unable to remember the name of our latest signing was embarrassing. Seemingly being caught out by the whole Barkley question made him seem uncertain, as did saying we would reconsider our options in January. Reeling off all the earlier signings and not mentioning the fact we had clearly tried and failed to do business yesterday was a clear attempt at fudging the situation. He was pushed into saying we were aiming for top 6, he hesitated before committing but couldn't really say anything else because of the situation he'd put himself in.

If he had to go on, he should have just said we think we've had a good window, we would have liked the cherry on the cake but it wasn't to be, we're confident in the squad we've got. Any questions about Barkley should have been shut down.

I'm not one who's going to call him a fraud or say he should spend billions, but his public utterances since he came have been absolutely shocking. My mate works in PR with very high level clients, he text me last night to say the interview was an absolute carcrash and he would never have allowed a client of his to do that. Says it all for me.

It was cringeworthy to you though. And maybe some of our fans, for the wider public (which is where cringeworthy stuff becomes an issue) it was a complete load of nothing.

We ARE pushing for top 6. We have to be. If not then we should all just pack in now.

It's not how I would go about things either but I do think far too much thought is being put into this. It really doesn't matter.

But if we sold Barkley then maybe we would have brought somebody else in?

I wish Moshiri never came here, mainly because I am sick of people acting like we should spend billions.

We have spent a fair bit and added a sizable amount to the wage bill. A striker would have been nice of course it would have been (technically we brought 3 in but whatever....) but maybe the ones we wanted just did not want to come here or their clubs didn't want to sell. You cant just keep going down the list until you find someone who is available, that's how you end up with players who don't fit in.
To an extent you are right, as I think most would want to ensure that any additions of are a good quality and basically worth the outlay for them.

I wouldn't have been happy with the likes of Slimani or talk of the Cardiff striker because, quite simply, that wouldn't have met our standards.

However, and it's a big however, the manager and fans alike have clearly noticed a glaring need for both a striker and defender for a fair period.

This isn't something new either as we lost Lukaku on the 10th July and we obviously knew about his departure way before he actually signed.

So, if we are aiming to to progress (not maintaining status quo) then to get to the end of the window without dealing with the above is a failure.

Rooney has positively surprised me but we all know he can't fulfil the role we need, nor is Sandro and unfortunately DCL is the unfinished article.

Don't get me wrong, we shouldn't ignore the real positives in the likes of Pickford, Keane and Wayne, but it's tarnished what was a great window.

It was cringeworthy to you though. And maybe some of our fans, for the wider public (which is where cringeworthy stuff becomes an issue) it was a complete load of nothing.

We ARE pushing for top 6. We have to be. If not then we should all just pack in now.

It's not how I would go about things either but I do think far too much thought is being put into this. It really doesn't matter.
Well of course it doesn't matter. None of it matters does it?

Despite the weird way some people like to portray it, most people who have a bit of a moan on here are actually just normal people who go about their daily business as normal, rather than wearing tin foil hats and wetting the bed. People are just passing comment on what they think of it, rather than letting it affect how their life pans out.

The person I was talking about is part of the wider public though. He's not an Everton fan (or gloating Liverpool fan), he's someone who was watching SSN and thought the interview was so bad it was worth texting me to comment on it. So yeah I would say that is an issue.

This may well be this window's Sissoko stunt from Levy and colleagues at Spurs in that they save themselves 10m+ in transfer fees and 4 months wages for a presently injured player. If so, it makes for some uncomfortable body language and frosty conversations in the directors box prematch next week.

You have to take the rough with the smooth in 'New Everton'. Everybody has been impressed with the improved coverage and the increased global media presence and this was Moshiri paying it back a little bit. We had a whole day at Everton last year (which it seems we manufactured to get everyone on board the Rooney return hype train), we made the media talk about the top seven instead of the top six (we're never mentioned in the same breath as a Leicester or Southampton anymore) and we are widely praised often more than we deserve in terms of style of play. This doesn't happen without given Jim White the odd 'exclusive' to make him look good just like he's bigger us up all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.