Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wouldn't compare him with Sigurdsson. I'm saying that the cash wasted on Sigurdsson (£15M overspend) could have been diverted along with whatever is left now (probably two more sales) to buy a striker of Gabbiadini's ilk who can really find the net with good service and snap up a chance from nothing...something we dont have in this team right now.

I look at Gabbi more as an inside forward mate then an out and out central striker in the arnautovic class, just not as good. Despite a couple of early games i really dont think he will muster it in the PL. Gylfi is a hybrid, of a of a winger, inside forward, 10 and false nine. The football gods are weeping that any type of comparrision was made.

I really dont rate Gabbi, file under Fabio Borini and no way does he have the skills to be a focal no 9 for this club in my opinion.

I like Wellbeck, good worker and a foil for a two man attack, but he's not the finisher we desperately need.

Dave it looks like what i feared would happen,

we have done what the RS done when they sold Sewarez, they brought in Ballotelli and Lambert and we have brought in a 5m striker :(

He'll be found out the same way Jelavic was. He's a better player though, I'll give you that.
My only concern would be injuries. I wonder if some wily old Italian club have had S'ton off for a massive wedge when he's struggling to shake off knocks? Just a fear of that would maybe give pause for thought. I notice he's suffered 'muscle fatigue' injuries in the past.

Erm £32M is the mad top end bid for him...and he at least played a crucial role in winning a PL title.
Dave, with all due respect, you are not, nor have you ever, been involved in a Premier League transfer.

Do you think we want to pay more than we need to?

Look at the prices being bandied about now.

I guarantee that Sigurdsson will be more effective at £45m than Drinkwater at £40m. Wouldn't you agree?

I look at Gabbi more as an inside forward mate then an out and out central striker in the arnautovic class, just not as good. Despite a couple of early games i really dont think he will muster it in the PL. Gylfi is a hybrid, of a of a winger, inside forward, 10 and false nine. The football gods are weeping that any type of comparrision was made.

I really dont rate Gabbi, file under Fabio Borini and no way does he have the skills to be a focal no 9 for this club in my opinion.
Fair enough. I think last season before his groin strain you could see the predator in his game though.

We need someone in with that.

Why on earth didn't we go after Gabbiadini at S'ton?

We should have used the Sigurdsson cash for a player who can slot and play anywhere intelligently in a three man attack. He would have been ideal for Rooney to play alongside. Very intelligent player.

Strange but im finding myself sort of agreeing with an @davek post.

Agree with the Gabbiadini shout.

Disagree using the Gylfi money.

We have the money due to our careful NET spending to go and buy Gabbiadini on top of signing Gylfi.

Dave, with all due respect, you are not, nor have you ever, been involved in a Premier League transfer.

Do you think we want to pay more than we need to?

Look at the prices being bandied about now.

I guarantee that Sigurdsson will be more effective at £45m than Drinkwater at £40m. Wouldn't you agree?
I think if it gets to £40M for a player like Sigurdsson you walk away...quickly. Let the selling club think about it and see the painful truth (for them) that no one else is coming in for Sigurdsson for £40M either and let them stew in their own piss before begging you to come back and give them £35M.

Dave it looks like what i feared would happen,

we have done what the RS done when they sold Sewarez, they brought in Ballotelli and Lambert and we have brought in a 5m striker :(

Yep.

As soon as Lukaku left the first player through the door should have been a big statement signing of a CF to replace him.

Now...as a direct result of pursuing Sigurdsson so hard...we are in a very panicky situation casting round for a forward.

I would not be surprised if we did a loan deal now.

Status
Not open for further replies.