Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my thinking too.

Rom scores 2 v West Ham and 1 v Swansea (expected par for the course).
Rooney scores in both our games which on paper are more difficult fixtures.

So far although the results are identical to last seasons (hope this weekends isn't!), we have performed better in both games this season.
Last season in both corresponding games we were fortunate.
Can't agree with the bold bit. Our goal against Stoke last year was fortunate but we absolutely hammered them in my recollection, just couldn't put the ball in the net. Last week I thought was dreadful in the main, but a win is a win.

I think Rooney will have had a good season if he gets 15 goals, he hasn't scored 20 goals in a league season for about 8 years, I can't see him starting again now.

He's been banned on several occasions, so no he doesn't.

Plus, he doesn't actually do much wrong, he simply takes a contradictory viewpoint.
Derails every thread he posts in so you are wrong. Thread in here on most topics so don't need to reading his nonsense in the transfer thread when its not transfer related.

Everyone who is available is gash or underwhelming

Dolberg is the only name linked (and it's hardly a strong link) that I'd get excited about

Dolberg would cost circa 50m. If you think they sold Klaassen for 24m and Sanchez for 35m, plus monaco will be in for him too

I think the manager would prefer a player with Premiership experience and the names in the hat would be Giroud or Welbeck, Slimani or Benteke .
There could also be a surprise like Bathsauyi or Remy but I think these are less likely.

With the exception of Sandro all our summer signings have come from the premiership and I think that is likely to continue.

Derails every thread he posts in so you are wrong. Thread in here on most topics so don't need to reading his nonsense in the transfer thread when its not transfer related.

Chill sir! No need to take it all so seriously.

I am starting to enjoy reading some of the guff he writes, makes me giggle now it is that bad.

Just enjoy the transfer thread and look forward to some decent incomings.

Who out there that is good enough would you get though? I dont want a crappy effort like Silimani, or Jiminez just becasue we couldnt get the likes of Giroud or Benteke though.
Even if its a stop gap loan for a year, it would not be ideal but it would be better than panic buying.
i have a feeling Wenger has played us a little, he is known to do that to his rivals! Probably let us know Giroud would become availible but then all of a sudden change his mind, and now we are scrambling round for other options, it weakens us.

Wenger got interviewed the other week after their game, he actually said that he had spoken to Giroud and opened the door for him to leave, but Giroud said he wanted to stay and fight for his place.

Can't agree with the bold bit. Our goal against Stoke last year was fortunate but we absolutely hammered them in my recollection, just couldn't put the ball in the net. Last week I thought was dreadful in the main, but a win is a win.

I think Rooney will have had a good season if he gets 15 goals, he hasn't scored 20 goals in a league season for about 8 years, I can't see him starting again now.

Stoke missed an open goal (Arnautovic?) and it was a very lucky penalty to be awarded and then to hit Given on the head and roll in.
Last weeks game was dull but I never felt Stoke would score throughout the entire match.
Man City pummelled us last season, but for Stek having the game of his life we would have been steamrollered. If anything Citeh going down to 10 men galvanised them and we appeared to not know whether to stick or twist. It still took a poor header from Holgate to break us down.

I agree the creativity has dipped, but we look a lot more solid. Keane and Pickford have looked very good so far. We just need a bit of magic in attack (we may have that as we have yet to see Sig, Klaassen and Sandro settle in).

Why on earth didn't we go after Gabbiadini at S'ton?

We should have used the Sigurdsson cash for a player who can slot and play anywhere intelligently in a three man attack. He would have been ideal for Rooney to play alongside. Very intelligent player.

should we have waited to sell Lukaku, until we had a replacement?
Personaly i don't think soo. He wanted to leave, and soo far we got a handfull of great players.

we are doing decent, and not looking desperat or being broke.

I do wish for Dolberg, this transfer, or Giroud.

Please Koeman, make a bid on Dolberg, he can not refuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.