Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chill sir! No need to take it all so seriously.

I am starting to enjoy reading some of the guff he writes, makes me giggle now it is that bad.

Just enjoy the transfer thread and look forward to some decent incomings.
Im all good pal. No enjoyment in the thread when its one person repeating the same stuff for the last few months. Log in to enjoy the craic in here but that's not enjoyable

Nooooo. Jelavic came from two outstandingly poor leagues to join Everton. He was always going to be a bad signing eventually.

Gabbiadini played in Serie A for three seasons and you can see his classy movement in an instant.

You're still waiting because every time a name gets put forward someone will say 'wouldn't come here/not the type of player we're looking for/unproven/club wouldn't sell/don't rate him'.
Can't really think of one that would lead the line and score goals that is available or likely to become available this window,at whatever price.

Why on earth didn't we go after Gabbiadini at S'ton?

We should have used the Sigurdsson cash for a player who can slot and play anywhere intelligently in a three man attack. He would have been ideal for Rooney to play alongside. Very intelligent player.

Dont rate him mate and any comparison with Gylfi is just wild and controversial. In fact bullet dodged.

....well, the window closes 1 week today so only 6 days and approximately 16 hours to bring in who we want and possibly move out who we don't. Here's what's being said this Thursday morning;

- According to Marca, Deportivo have ended their interest in Everton goalkeeper, Joel Robles. Apparently the Spanish club are under financial pressure and are concentrating their efforts on bringing forward Lucas Perez in from Arsenal.

- The Daily Star report Chelsea are looking to quickly tie up deals for Everton's Ross Barkley, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain from Arsenal and Leicester midfielder Danny Drinkwater.

- 4th Official say Chelsea manager, Antonio Conte, is keen on Everton midfielder Idrissa Gueye.

- Sabahspor quote Everton striker, Oumar Niasse as saying he misses Turkey and can't wait to get back. Apparently Niasse has agreed a move to Fenerbahce but the deal is yet to be agreed with Everton.

- Belgian newspaper La Derniere Heure report Everton interest in Newcastle target, Dennis Praet. The midfielder plays for Sampdoria.

The Daily Star?????? Christ it must be true then :eek:

Could Giroud still feasibly be an option? I know he wants to stay at Arsenal and the rags have been running with the narrative that we've 'given up' in our pursuit but does anyone else think that the goalposts may shift again as the deadline draws near? Sanchez is back now and doesn't look like he'll be leaving, and you'd assume that the club would be willing to accept a £25-30m bid for him should we keep our interest alive...

... or am I living in hope?

Dont rate him mate and any comparison with Gylfi is just wild and controversial. In fact bullet dodged.
I wouldn't compare him with Sigurdsson. I'm saying that the cash wasted on Sigurdsson (£15M overspend) could have been diverted along with whatever is left now (probably two more sales) to buy a striker of Gabbiadini's ilk who can really find the net with good service and snap up a chance from nothing...something we dont have in this team right now.

Why on earth didn't we go after Gabbiadini at S'ton?

We should have used the Sigurdsson cash for a player who can slot and play anywhere intelligently in a three man attack. He would have been ideal for Rooney to play alongside. Very intelligent player.
It's alleged we did,but he preferred to start at Soton rather than pick up splinters waiting on Rom to move on.

I wouldn't compare him with Sigurdsson. I'm saying that the cash wasted on Sigurdsson (£15M overspend) could have been diverted along with whatever is left now (probably two more sales) to buy a striker of Gabbiadini's ilk who can really find the net with good service and snap up a chance from nothing...something we dont have in this team right now.

when you say overspend do you mean we should have got somebody else or that the negotiation was wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.