Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dennis Praet being reported by The Times, and by our old mate Kristof:

Praet on Everton's radar
3ffa07e7-6fd4-4d11-98ff-844af0294305.jpg

Everton

Posted at9:31
Everton are in Europa League action later in Croatia against Hajduk Split but Ronald Koeman is still chasing targets ahead of next week's transfer deadline.

Will Sampdoria's Belgian midfielder Dennis Praet be Koeman's next signing?

1a7dd5c6-f6db-40ff-af6e-7b71bfdf182b.png

The irony is that you have done something akin to that you moan about @davek doing, namely you've strayed off topic and somewhat de-railed the Summer Transfer thread !!
Morning AndyC, I apologise for venting my frustrations that when I come on here to spend a few minutes reading the latest rumours and news from my fellow blue companions that I find the whole thread is off topic yet again.

Maybe in your role as a mod you could remind others who went off topic way before me that this is for Everton transfer news.

This is a fantastic site and I genuinely believe its well run by the mods, however, I do think certain individuals spoil I for others and they seem to go unchecked.

Sorry for being off topic again, just thought my view should be known in a thread which has been derailed already.

And thanks @Eggs for the morning update.

....well, the window closes 1 week today so only 6 days and approximately 16 hours to bring in who we want and possibly move out who we don't. Here's what's being said this Thursday morning;

- According to Marca, Deportivo have ended their interest in Everton goalkeeper, Joel Robles. Apparently the Spanish club are under financial pressure and are concentrating their efforts on bringing forward Lucas Perez in from Arsenal.

- The Daily Star report Chelsea are looking to quickly tie up deals for Everton's Ross Barkley, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain from Arsenal and Leicester midfielder Danny Drinkwater.

- 4th Official say Chelsea manager, Antonio Conte, is keen on Everton midfielder Idrissa Gueye.

- Sabahspor quote Everton striker, Oumar Niasse as saying he misses Turkey and can't wait to get back. Apparently Niasse has agreed a move to Fenerbahce but the deal is yet to be agreed with Everton.

- Belgian newspaper La Derniere Heure report Everton interest in Newcastle target, Dennis Praet. The midfielder plays for Sampdoria.
We need a couple of signings and its feels like the window is closing quickly. But reading that, I think there us a lot of work to do for a lot of clubs. Its going to be an interesting last week!

I'm still waiting for someone to name a top striker (15+ a season) who would come to us for the possibility of EL whatever they would cost.
You're still waiting because every time a name gets put forward someone will say 'wouldn't come here/not the type of player we're looking for/unproven/club wouldn't sell/don't rate him'.

Why isn't Rooney classed as a 'striker'?

He's scored both of our league goals so far...

We're targeting a striker. We all know who the first choice is. The fact we don't seem to be panicking over it indicates to me that player may well still be an option.

And, you're ignoring that we've spent money on players who should provide at least 10 goals and more assists each in Rooney and Sigurdsson, throw in Klaassen, Sandro, DCL etc.

We definitely need another striker, but I don't think it's any surprise it's going down to the wire.

This is my thinking too.

Rom scores 2 v West Ham and 1 v Swansea (expected par for the course).
Rooney scores in both our games which on paper are more difficult fixtures.

So far although the results are identical to last seasons (hope this weekends isn't!), we have performed better in both games this season.
Last season in both corresponding games we were fortunate.

Morning AndyC, I apologise for venting my frustrations that when I come on here to spend a few minutes reading the latest rumours and news from my fellow blue companions that I find the whole thread is off topic yet again.

Maybe in your role as a mod you could remind others who went off topic way before me that this is for Everton transfer news.

This is a fantastic site and I genuinely believe its well run by the mods, however, I do think certain individuals spoil I for others and they seem to go unchecked.

Sorry for being off topic again, just thought my view should be known in a thread which has been derailed already.

And thanks @Eggs for the morning update.
Dave still gets special treatment in here for some reason. Its laughable

Status
Not open for further replies.