Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. We'll easily finish 7th with this squad.

Get a striker, a good one, and there's a chance we might push on even further. The manager even said this.

Who this striker will be I have absolutely no idea. Well I have a clue but not ready to divulge yet.

Pretty much this

If we can add a good solid cb whose capable of doing a job at left back ala the way holgate can at right back. And a striker who can score some important goals in crunch games (giroud or vardy for me) then we should at least be in the mix for 4-7th but more importantly have the depth and quality to actually win a cup which I want more than anything right now.

We will get a striker, disappointing that we are going into a very important couple of fixtures without Sandro though.

Pretty poor to only have Rooney and DCL as striking options in a week when we had 3 very tough fixtures.

I'd take a punt on Joel Campbell from Arsenal, we're short on pace and wingers, he's a good player from what I remember and would have a hell of a point to prove after being farmed out on loan constantly.

Nah. We'll easily finish 7th with this squad.

Get a striker, a good one, and there's a chance we might push on even further. The manager even said this.

Who this striker will be I have absolutely no idea. Well I have a clue but not ready to divulge yet.
Oumar-Niasse.jpg

Cometh the hour etc etc etc .....

Really hope we don't end up with another mediocre last minute panic buy/loan. Another quality striker is an absolute must after letting Lukaku go.
Mentioned it earlier in the window.

We sell a 25 goal a season striker for 75 plus million

We replace him for the cost of 5.6 million.

The manager has literally said that he wants a proper striker to replace Lukaku though? Despite DCL and Sandro looking half decent.
It's whether we buy one or not though ijjy. Moyes once said we would get business done early and we loaned two jarg players on deadline day as a result.

As much as the team has improved with the money, we have spent next to nothing on strikers to come in, more so when Rooney isn't classed as a striker anymore

It's whether we buy one or not though ijjy. Moyes once said we would get business done early and we loaned two jarg players on deadline day as a result.

As much as the team has improved with the money, we have spent next to nothing on strikers to come in, more so when Rooney isn't classed as a striker anymore

Why isn't Rooney classed as a 'striker'?

He's scored both of our league goals so far...

We're targeting a striker. We all know who the first choice is. The fact we don't seem to be panicking over it indicates to me that player may well still be an option.

And, you're ignoring that we've spent money on players who should provide at least 10 goals and more assists each in Rooney and Sigurdsson, throw in Klaassen, Sandro, DCL etc.

We definitely need another striker, but I don't think it's any surprise it's going down to the wire.

Mentioned it earlier in the window.

We sell a 25 goal a season striker for 75 plus million

We replace him for the cost of 5.6 million.

??? They don't even play the same position for us.

Sandro is clearly here to play off our main striker not up front on his own.

Chill

Status
Not open for further replies.