Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We signed Martina

Anything is possible this summer
2016-01-12-1452625057-9205047-readingthepaper-thumb.gif

..I'm sure if Everton were given the right signals we would bid, I assume we know exactly where we stand with Giroud.

If we had giroud as a target and sealed off a lot of others....why didn't we also go in for the players we now need weeks ago?

The signings are no different than during the Moyes days and less than during Martinez. Since Martinez's first season transfers have probably gone up by 150% at least.

That makes a 30m player a 12m player. Essentially we have bought a load of James McCarthy standard players and haven't yet reached a Fellaini standard player who would probably be worth closer to 50m today. Lukaku at the price we paid then would be worth around 70m today which is why when people say we were rinsed (at 95m) they are absolutely right because we have effectively only made a profit of 25m. I thought Rom was worth 70m before the market went crazy - Utd have robbed us blind as are Spurs going to do so as well

I hate to say it but this, the loss of money in squad due to bad transfer dealings and the reluctance of Moshiri or Kenwright to invest in the squad means we will probably have a few barren years compared to the relative optimism (good squad just poorly managed) of the past few years. We just won't be able to cope with losing that value from the squad and with a lot of our bigger players also getting older or retiring it's not looking great.

The only thing that can change is that if we unearth another youth star from our academy and while there are some who are no doubt decent premiership players I have yet to see any that come up to the level of Barkley never mind Rooney.

Unfortunately buying kids isn't really an option now either because they all want a path to the big clubs that allows them to stay in a winning team that is in the champions league, Ajax etc to Monaco etc to Barca etc. Sorry Zat. As much as I like Dolberg too he's probably ungettable as was Tielemans.

We along with all the other premiership clubs below the top 6 are basically paying for overpriced mercenaries scrambling around hoping to get lucky.

We should just keep Barkley - he might sign a better deal with a buyout clause and if he doesn't then we should stick him with the kids and ruin his chance of going to the world cup. I know that's blackmail and not nice but he has taken us all for a ride. He only signed a 4 year deal to do this exactly and considering the amount of money and time we put in persevering through all his rubbish performances over the last few years he owes us far more. Lukaku and Stones I wished the best. We got good money for them but this whole Barkley situation angers me.

Enjoy the season lads. Let's hope for a miracle and us winning the Europa. For the foreseeable that is our best chance of literally breaking out of the position we are in.

Adversus out.

I'm certain we wait too long to go after the young players...if I know about them and if @Nymzee can scout them on fifa then what are the scouts doing?

If we had giroud as a target and sealed off a lot of others....why didn't we also go in for the players we now need weeks ago?

..I presume there's a list with Giroud on the top. Appears Koeman spoke with him at the opening of the window, I can only assume he was given some hope even if the player wanted to see how things went at Arsenal. It's all conjecture but I can only think the club has remained in contact.

The player said he would finally decide in at the start of the season in August. He's decided to stay so we have 3 weeks to get somebody else in.

I'm certain we wait too long to go after the young players...if I know about them and if @Nymzee can scout them on fifa then what are the scouts doing?

Which young players?

You think you have undiscovered hidden gems, these are players widely known in the footballing world, we expressed an interest in Tiellemans, he choose Monaco over us, as he should. Players like Dolberg would have 00s of clubs after them if they became available, its not just a question of scouting a player, its making them choose us over clubs that can offer them better wages and CL football, you have no grasp of this and you think Everton are just "doing nothing".

Which young players?

You think you have undiscovered hidden gems, these are players widely known in the footballing world, we expressed an interest in Tiellemans, he choose Monaco over us, as he should. Players like Dolberg would have 00s of clubs after them if they became available, its not just a question of scouting a player, its making them choose us over clubs that can offer them better wages and CL football, you have no grasp of this and you think Everton are just "doing nothing".

that's my point...why if I can see them are our scouts not pushing us to sign them...tielemans has been kicking his heels for 3 years there and dolberg koeman would have known about for eons.

Status
Not open for further replies.