Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is though this statement is patently untrue. We DO have a centre forward, we signed him from Malaga and he wears the no.9 shirt which traditionally denotes the centre forward. Sandro Ramirez IS a centre forward.

So you're expecting the lad to hit the ground running to replace Lukaku?

Sorry but it's unfair to expect that and I expected Everton to bring in a CF to be able to do that.

If the player said no at the start of the window as you suggest then there is a lot we can do as in move on. We must have alternatives identified better than the media are linking us with
Maybe we deliberately haven't told the media who we are interested in
There are not as many ITK lads out there as some would have you believe

We can't/won't pay what Swansea want for Sigurdsson never mind Cavani from PSG.

Our owners are good at talking a good game but haven't done anything to convince me we're going forward in any way.

So far our biggest signing is Rooney who is 100% past his best and have lost our best striker in god knows how long in Lukaku.

But hey I suppose Rooney's a local boy right? :)
You don't believe the signings of Pickford, Keane, Klaasen, Sandro and Onyekuru are not steps forward The signing of Sigurdsson is not a step forward(when it happens) ?

I am not sure what proves we are moving forward ?
Keeping all our players ?, all clubs buy and sell players, even Barca. Lukaku has been talking about leaving Everton almost since he arrived and goodness knows what Barkley is thinking of.

There are different models for different clubs, Man City signed two right backs and paid 70m for them.
Spurs have probably the most talented team and did so with some very shrewd buying.

There are not unlimited funds available to RK, we will not suddenly jump from seventh to champions , but it is all about progress and the signings of the players listed above would have us in the seventh heaven a few short years ago.

You don't believe the signings of Pickford, Keane, Klaasen, Sandro and Onyekuru are not steps forward The signing of Sigurdsson is not a step forward(when it happens) ?

I am not sure what proves we are moving forward ?
Keeping all our players ?, all clubs buy and sell players, even Barca. Lukaku has been talking about leaving Everton almost since he arrived and goodness knows what Barkley is thinking of.

There are different models for different clubs, Man City signed two right backs and paid 70m for them.
Spurs have probably the most talented team and did so with some very shrewd buying.

There are not unlimited funds available to RK, we will not suddenly jump from seventh to champions , but it is all about progress and the signings of the players listed above would have us in the seventh heaven a few short years ago.
Getting better moves us forward. These signings are great, but until Siggy signs, until we get a decent replacement for Rom, are we much better as an entire squad? I am still hopeful, but the Sigurdsson saga dragging on and links to a lot of CFs that aren't particularly exciting isn't inspiring a lot of confidence at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.